Maxamillion 1: Before the Treaty

Start from the beginning

"I do not trust the current state of either Germany or Greece, so we will choose to go towards Toulouse. I hear that after the Independence Wars ended, Toulouse had taken a significant amount of land from Germany, The Irish Empire and The Papal State. Currently, they are said to be one of the most stable nations of Europe" Endo nods in agreement. 15G walks up behind me and moves to stand on the other side of Endo's seat. Endo turns back to answer me.

"if you want to take a chance, there are some good places that we can hide in Toulouse. We could stay there for a while" I nod to Endo, and he returns to driving the bus. 15G turns to me and tilts his head to the side, curious about my decision.

"what does Toulouse have that would help us towards heading south? I thought that we were heading for Greece, where we would pass through to Arabia and finally make our way to Oceania" I look ahead of us, at the winding road ahead. I know that this detour will take longer for us, but we must make sure that we are taking the safest path.

"Greece, The Papal State and Austria are not getting along, so we should not risk our lives just to try to get as far south as possible, as quickly as possible. We have already come so far, it would not be a wise choice to choose a path that leads to certain danger" 15G sighs and nods in agreement. 15G turns to me with a concerned look on his face.

"12Z has been keeping to herself for a long time. You should try to help her to cope with it. You did it before, you can do it again" 12Z's emotions are very dangerous in her current state. Her emotions will be fuel for that dark entity inside of her body. If we can avoid encountering any of Ismilda's agents, that would be the best outcome. If we can all help 12Z cope with her loss, she might be able to recover from the traumatic event and return to being her usual self. But losing the only person who gave you a second chance at life can have an extreme impact on your mind.

"I will do my best, but 12Z lost the only person who was there for her when nobody else was. It is not like she can just forget about 17C, none of us can. The best we can do for her is to help her through such a troubling time" 15G holds onto Endo's seat and looks at the road ahead of us, just as I did only a few moments ago.

"we can try to help her all we want to, but will it really bring her back to a state of mind which will have her being an effective member of our team?" what is 15G talking about? Of course helping 12Z is going to assist in her recovery from the trauma.

"I sure do hope so. If I was in her position, I would want everyone around me to care about how I am feeling. If we can all help her through this tragedy, she might be able to return to a stable state of mind" 15G sighs and looks back into the direction where the rest of our group is gathered, in their seats. He looks back to me with an agreeing face.

"she may have been the one who deceived most of us into being kidnapped and taken to the dreaded facility. But if 17C was able to find it in his heart to give her a second chance, I will do the same" 15G returns to watching the road ahead with Endo. I turn back to where the rest of our group is gathered, and begin to walk away from the front of the bus. The Isle of the bus seats is not too crowded with cargo, seeing as though we do not have that much left. I pass by the members of our group, who are all talking to each other about what we are going to do when we finally find a safe place to live. Near the very back of the bus, 12Z is sitting alone, looking out the back window, towards the road behind us. I walk over to 12Z and sit beside her.

"how are you holding up?" 12Z turns to me with her usual face full of sorrow. Even now, a single tear is rolling down her right eye.

"it will never change. Ismilda will stop at nothing to capture or kill us. What happened to 17C, will happen to the rest of us. I feel like if I had not contributed to the kidnapping of so many people, we would not be in a life-threatening situation like this" I tilt my head to 12Z, I am curious as to what she means. I think that this situation would have been inevitable.