Lothar 5: Returning Home

"do you believe that we have a chance of bringing our families to a safe location, like Bengelon promised us?" Thaniel looks out of the window, towards my house.

"while I do think there is a small chance of Bengelon telling the truth, it is exactly that; a small chance" while I do note Thaniel's negativity, I also agree with him. We should not place all of our hopes on Bengelon giving us a safe place to stay.

"if he does deliver, we will have to drive to Greece with our original group. But do you think some of them are going to want to join us on our adventures through Europe?" Thaniel turns to look to his sister, who is enjoying the scene with Miranda and Emily.

"my sister will want to stay with us and help us along our journey south. But when do you think we will see our families once we find a safe place to live?" that will all depend on the time and place where we find a place to live.

"it will all depend on the circumstances we find ourselves in once we find somewhere safe to live" I do hope to see my family soon after we move them to a safe location, but I will not expect to see them for a while. Bernard, Kalos and 14J jump into our conversation as we finish talking about the possibility of Bengelon failing us. 14J moves in to talk first.

"I do not know if those of us who were subjects have been up for being put into the safe place, but I would like to stay with the group. I want to see all of the aircraft in the air when war finally breaks out" something a little bit concerning to hear, but sure, 14J can stay with us if he wants to. Before I answer 14J, I nod to him I agreement.

"sure, you can stay with us" before 14J can say or do anything, Bernard leans in-front of us, interrupting the conversation.

"may I also please request to stay in the group. I would love to help you with the journey to the Greek lands and beyond. May I please also request that we pass through the capital of the Greek Empire when we reach their lands?" it could not hurt too much to visit Charonesus. The Imperial capital of Greece was one located in the settlement of Athens, then the Resurrected city of Constantinople, and finally in Chersonesus, which was later renamed to Charonesus. Due to the fact that half of Crimea is now covered in the city, it was declared the new capital and the Imperial family moved there. Due to the location of the city, the emperor at the time ordered that every connection to the mainland was to be severed. A grand navy was built to protect the capital in-case the rest of the empire ever fell. The city has never fallen into enemy hands, nor has the empire ever experienced a war where they lost. Even if Greece lost all of it's allies and only controlled their capital province, they would still be hard to conquer.

"of course. I would love to see that city in all of it's glory. We will also be able to take a shortcut by the ferry to the northern part of Asia Minor" that could work, but we will have to move through southern Europe once we are finished with Toulouse. There is also the possibility of the collapse of the Papal State ad it's overseas territories. If we are caught in the middle of the Papal State when it collapses, we might have to shoot our way out, or sneak through the countryside. Due to the overwhelming incompetence of the Papal State and their military failures, if even one campaign into Austria fails, they will fall into a state of civil war. The overseas territories would even attempt to break free. I look out through the window and see that we have almost arrived. Kalos turns to my house and places his hand on his chin, having deep thoughts about the mansion.

"what can we expect from your family?" while I do think that seeing my mother and siblings again will be good, my father is quite strict for my tastes.

"my mother is a retired member of the Swedish navy, but she is one of the most kind and caring people you could ever meet. My brother and sister will act like rascals at times, but they will warm up to everyone and help when they are needed. My father on the other hand, he will be hard to convince. I believe that he will choose to not come along with us" Kalos nods to me and watches as the bus moves into a park and stops close to the front door. One of my family's servants opens the front door and two of our butlers walk out, accompanied by three personal guards who work under my father. I walk out of the bus with Thaniel, Glinora, Talof, Emily, Miranda and Erin by my side. We reach the group of butlers and personal guards, stopping in-front of them. The highest ranking personal guard recognises me.