Prologue: Adam - Ultimate Goal

Start from the beginning

"do you think Ismilda has the capability to track us with satellites?" Sally watches the satellite fly across the sky as a gentle wind blows by.

"we would be hunted by her soldiers and executed. We are a danger to her rule" if we train enough to pass 5X in terms of power, we could possibly defeat Ismilda with 5X also fighting against us. We would then be able to finally live in peace.

"that just means we have to improve our powers to a point where we can fight Ismilda on even footing" some of the kids that escaped from the facility with us are playing sports below us. Even if it is late at night, someone is always awake and active.

"I trust that you are going to be guiding everyone here through tough training to be able to fight Ismilda when the time comes" since 1T died fighting 5X during the escape, I was voted to be the leader of our group and lead everyone to a safe place to hide. But now that we have a place to live, we are all now thinking about fighting back and avenging those who have died.

"I do not want the responsibility of keeping everyone safe. But I will try my hardest to lead our large group to victory and create a world which is safe for us to live in, without the worry of Ismilda coming after us" the Scandinavian Union controls a large area, which we are a part of. The possibility of Ismilda hunting us down is very likely, so we should focus on bringing her down.

"just because you are in-charge of the group now, does not mean you have to lead us alone. If you ever need someone to talk to, I am always here for you" Sally has been by my side since I was first brought to the facility. We have grown very close over the months we have been kept in that evil place. I will definitely come to a point where I can not handle the pressure of keeping everyone safe.

"then we should lead together. It would be easier if we were to lead the group together right from the start" Sally smiles happily at my request. She looks over the balcony and watches some of the survivors walk through one of the small training courtyards.

"that sounds good to me. Together, we will bring down Ismilda and her evil friends" Sally makes a thumbs up with great enthusiasm, it almost feels contagious. Something weird has been bothering me for the longest time. Sally has always been by my side, but her designation is 11E, while mine is 2V. Most prisoners of the facility have agreed that the lower the number, the earlier you were taken. But why does Sally have such a high number, while I have such a low number? Could it be that there are more than one prisoner for each designation?

"Sally, do you know the designations of the other kids who were brought to the facility at the same time as you were? Could you please try to remember their names and if they were relative to your own?" Sally looks out into the distance, towards the horizon of the night sky. Her face is telling me that she is currently remembering many terrible experiments done against her. I am sorry Sally, the mystery of your designation could be really important. Sally looks to me with a sorrow-filled face.

"I remember the guards calling some of us replacements. Did the guards call your group replacements too?" that is very strange. If they were doing the experiments before we were even imprisoned at the facility, then that could mean that there were other groups before us who were given the same designation. But what happened to them? While we are thinking to ourselves, 8Z walks up to us with a concerned look on his face. We both look to him, ready for his words.

"2V, you should see this!" we immediately follow 8Z back down to the living quarters we have set up. Many of the kids we are passing have either newspapers in their hands, or are looking at many of the small TVs scattered around the stadium. The only thing I find concerning is, that all the TVs play the same channel: the news station. We enter the VIP room and watch the news story currently being read by a concerned news anchor.