Chapter 12: Out of the Shell and onto the Bird

Start from the beginning

"thank you for thinking about the rest of the group, even though you are newer than me" 11O smiles and pulls out bottles of water from his bag.

"these are for you" he hands one to each of us and takes a sip out of his own.

"I have also taken numerous water bottles from different shops. Some are for refilling, while others are single use. Just in case we do not come to a healthy water source, I will supply our group with proper water" 11O is thinking quite far ahead.

"thank you 11O. You will very likely save us in the future" 11O laughs it off and we exit the shopping center. The airport is just past the park we are about to pass through.

"there were explosions coming from the park not long ago, so we will have to take our time" we slowly walk through the street and enter the park. There is a wall just ahead of us, smoking and burning, the wall looks abandoned, with only the dead around it. We sneak up to the bottom of the wall and begin climbing up a ladder placed on the front side. We reach the top and are greeted with the sight of hundreds of bodies piled up all over the wall. I spot the stairs down and lead the group to the field below. We walk through the field littered with many dead bodies of both soldiers and the same face is on every prisoner's body. There was a great fight here, but now it is over and we are walking through the remains of the battlefield. We reach a second wall, but there are holes in both sides, so we walk through the debris-covered hole and walk towards the smoke-covered airport. We run through a destroyed gate around the side of the building and enter into the runway. We run into the open and search for the big number two on the hangars. A large, green number two watches over the runway ahead of us, we have found it. We run across the runway and reach the door on the side of the hangar. We enter the structure and look around for everyone else, but the hangar is empty. We gather up near the windows on the side of the hangar and await the arrival of the other groups. I stand with 11O, who is watching the front of the airport with me.

"what do you think happened here?" we look over to the wall and wonder what could have made those holes in the wall. The many bodies create the image of an epic battle in my head, with many fighting and dying to either save, or kill the people in the airport. The airport looks like it was defended to the very end.

"a battle between murderers and soldiers who were trying to protect the innocent from suffering the same fate as they did" death covers the airport from every side. Many gave up their lives to defend this place from a great threat, which eventually won.

"they must have been true heroes" I look towards the ruined building of the airport terminal.

"i do not know if they are heroes, I am just thinking that is how it went" 11O looks over the runway for any sign of movement.

"to me, they would have been heroes. They sacrificed themselves to save people they did not even know" The sky is starting to lighten up.

"they were doing their job. But I have to admit, they did more than great. They held out with all their strength. They died to save many people, they could have ran away during the battle, but they stayed, and they fought damn hard" many helicopters are starting to take off from the city. There is movement on the runway!

"I see something!" we look at the moving people on the runway and try to make out who it is.

"do you think it is the rest of the group?" They are still running towards our building.

"if they run into this hangar, then yeah, we should take the risk" we await as they approach the hangar. If it is the rest of the group, then we are ready to fly out of here and avoid the big explosion. 11O and I eagerly await for them, dreading for them to change their course. But they continue to the hangar and run up to the door. I wave to 7P and Alice and signal for them to hide, they quickly dash into cover.