Victor 3: A Fast Way Out

Start from the beginning

"I guess I will have to start again" haven't we already ruined the lives of enough kids? Ismilda grabs a gun from one of my squadmates while they are not looking.

"this will satisfy my need for a weapon. Although I do not really need one" why would she not need one?

"but you would be defenseless without it" to my words, Ismilda looks to me with a sneaky expression.

"are you sure?" what is she talking about? Does she have something which can fight our enemy without shooting at them? While I am still thinking about what she said, we have reached the roof level. On the air pad outside, I can see the helicopter which will transport her out of here.

"alright everyone. Let's get our boss out of here!" with that shout, our squad rushes out onto the roof and we establish a temporary perimeter so we can safely escort Ismilda to her escape. Ismilda hops onto the seat and looks back to me while she is putting her seat belt on.

"remember, I am tasking you with the evacuation of all loyal guards and subjects. I have already requested the evacuation of Farrus, so you will not be tasked with helping him escape. So do not disappoint me!" the helicopter door closes and the aircraft flies away. Now we must begin the process of clearing out this facility. As the helicopter makes a scenic escape, we proceed to the elevator and descend into the chaotic outbreak which is occurring down in the depths below. The best way to evacuate in an orderly manner is to announce the operation to everyone over the intercom. So now we are heading to the intercom room to talk to Harvey Mighten, who is the intercom operator. Nearly an hour ago, we heard a kid on the radio who killed some men while broadcasting it. But we eventually found out it was not Harvey who was in danger, so now we are heading for him to ask for assistance. The door indicating the control room is closed, so I knock on the door so we can get his attention.

"who is on the other side of this door?" a voice demands aggressively, which I guess is Harvey.

"it is Victor, I have orders from Ismilda which require your intercom system to relay the message to all guards AND subjects" Harvey seems hesitant from the pause in his answer. A camera lowers itself and starts to engulf my face in purple to scan me.

"I guess it is you Victor. So what is your order from Ismilda?" I thought he would already understand the general idea from the details about talking to both guards and subjects.

"I need to start an official evacuation of the facility" the door to the intercom room opens and Harvey jumps out to shake my hand.

"it is nice to meet you Victor. The intercom is now yours to use for a temporary amount of time" now we can begin our real and 'noble' escape from this place.

"this is Mr. Dallas of the Apricot squad. We are beginning a full site evacuation. So please gather at the mid-level mess hall for an orderly evacuation" I step off the intercom and gather up my squad.

"we are ready to do our job, but what are you going to do Harvey?" he puts on a weak smile and turns to his intercom microphone.

"I am most likely going to stay here and continue with my announcements until the last moments. Then I will try to escape" so he is ready to die here.

"I would not want my friend to die somewhere like here" Harvey laughs to himself and puts his arm on my shoulder.

"telling people what is happening is my job, and I will do my job well until I can not" I understand what you mean Harvey.

Now my squad has set up a checkpoint at the mess hall on the lower levels, so now we can quickly get everyone out who is not going to be a threat. Since there are fires all throughout the facility, there is occasionally ash flowing into the hall. Soon this place will be derelict and devoid of all life, which gives me hope of surviving this place and having some time off. The first guards and subjects are entering the mess hall and gathering near the checkpoint. The best part about this mess hall is the fact that there are only two known ways to get into and out of the hall. One being the lower levels entry point, and the other being the way to the upper levels and to the main exit. While we start to direct everyone through our temporary checkpoint, the fight between 1T and 5X is raging in the pit close by. Their fight is making for a worrying sound that is the only thing we hear besides the footsteps of everyone in the checkpoint. I am on one of the checkpoint gates that are letting people through. A boy walks into my gate and steps up to my station to be questioned.