Lothar 3: The Most Dangerous Person

Zacznij od początku

"do you have any idea where he is now?" we need to find him and stop him.

"he was last seen heading to the main offices" that is where Ismilda and Balltour are.

"okay, we are making our way there now" we need to protect Ismilda.

"I understand, we will recover and reinforce you when we are ready" it is time for us to do our jobs. The offices are now in sight.

A body flies across the hallway ahead of us, I think I know who did that. We pick up our pace and run towards Ismilda's office. Only ten meters away from us is the subject who is coming towards us.

"get out of my way you grunts" The subject seems to be impatient with us.

"what do you want with our boss?" This subject clearly wants to kill the director.

"I just want to talk to the person in-charge of this facility" he is trying to trick us with his charm.

"what would you have to say to the director?" we just need to distract him long enough for someone to sneak behind him and incapacitate him.

"I wish to work with the director in cooperation to guard this facility and it's subjects" this guy is trying to sound sincere, but that is just his charisma talking.

"how could we trust someone like you?" even if this guy was going to work with us, it would not be for long.

"oh, I don't believe you will ever trust me. But-" before 5X could finish, some kid wrapped both of his arms around him and pulled him to the floor. That was too quick for a normal person. The door to Ismilda's office opens and she steps out to address us.

"this is 8T, the Mental Manipulator" the subject looks at each of us and walks away.

"I will organize a method of transporting this subject back to his containment room" Ismilda waves us away and walks back into her office.

So we head back to our posts. But my protocol dictates I inspect the containment control room to ensure everything is set to the proper minimums. With such an important objective, I must not delay. The recent events have proven there is something wrong with the containment controls. The entrance to the room is now in sight, and there are two guards waiting for me.

"sir, we are ready for the inspection. The recent containment breaches have been quite unexpected and most unwelcome" I walk into the room while the two guards follow me. The rows of servers and controls are mostly unimportant compared to the main release switch in the middle of the room surrounded by the minor controls. I closely inspect each of the separate control panels for each of the containment cells. With only the minor problem in every twentieth cell, it was pretty calming to just be focused on the controls that I have nearly forgotten about the events of today. But when I had reached the final few, one of the guards who had followed me in screamed before falling to the ground.

"what is going on?" the other guard looks around frantically to find the attacker.

"I can not see who did that" the guard aims his weapon in-front of him, but his weapon abruptly explodes in his hands. The attacker reveals himself as 5X. Wait, 5X? But I thought he was taken down only twenty minutes ago.

"It is good to see you again sir" the kid bows down, then he quickly lunges at me with what seems like a spectral sword.

"why did you not just let me see the Director?" this subject is seriously still trying to fool me?

I pull out my gun and fire at him, but he dodges the bullets and kicks the gun from my hand and kicks me to the ground. Is this guy seriously faster than a bullet?

"stay down sir" 5X looks down at me and shakes his head. How strong is this guy?

One of the guards grabs onto the subject and starts to engage in a fist fight. The guard rapidly throws punches at the kid, but the subject is not showing any signs of pain or being affected by the fight.

"just give up already weak men" 5X grips onto the guards neck, the strength of this subject seems very great. The guard is trying to breathe some air, I have to do something. So I stand up and charge towards the monster who is about to kill the guard.

"I guess you will not learn" the kid throws the guard at me with full force. I can not dodge this guy. The body hits me and pushes me through the air and into a nearby wall. I check on the still body of the guard, he seems to still be breathing, this is good.

"you got in my way, but this time you will not" 5X walks over to the main release switch, but he does it slowly. I guess he knows I can not move right now to stop him.

"I will make sure you are too occupied with other priorities" 5X plans to create a mass breakout!?

5X pulls the switch and on the many monitors, the cell doors open. The subjects are visibly confused on the cameras and do no know what is happening.

"now I will accomplish my goal and you will not be there to stop me" the subject known as 5X now leaves and I am left alone to regain my strength. I will have to regain it fast if I am to warn the other guards about this. The guard who is passed out on top of me signed up to this job knowing there would be some risk. So I guess it would be acceptable for me to push him off me so I could reach the local intercom-in to tell Harvey about the situation so he can warn the rest of the facility. I gently move the unconscious guard beside me and limp over towards the intercom outside the room. I look at the monitors one last time, and the subjects are starting to realize what is happening and are staring to run. I press down the intercom button and speak loudly into it.

"the facility is starting to go into a large-scale breakout Harvey. You have to warn the rest of the facility so the science staff can evacuate and the security staff can start to retake control of this facility" the intercom is silent for a second. But then it roars to life.

"okay, I understand, I will now begin the first stage of the announcements" That is good to hear. It is time for me to join my friends in doing our jobs.

Before I leave the control room, my earpiece erupts into a chaotic mess.

"this is G-346, I am being engaged by-"

"There are multiple subjects roaming the facility-"

"There are too many, I can't hold-"

"I can not dodge these swings forever, this kid has swor-"

"what is that thing!"

"dark sector has-"

Just in-case something like this were to happen, I was given instructions to switch to a private channel along with the security sector chiefs.

"this is chief Lothar, can anyone else hear me?" the comm channel was silent for a second

"this is Thaniel, my sector has been completely overrun. My men are preparing to abandon the area altogether" is the situation already THAT bad?

"have you heard from anyone else?" I wonder how the other sectors are doing.

"no, they might join this channel soon" I agree, we just have to wait.