Lothar 2: The Unpredictable

Começar do início

"that is not a very good idea, this subject has only just mutated. We have no idea what it is capable of" as Emily says that, the guard watching the door falls to the ground. Confused, all of us who are present investigate the guard's body. His head has been separated from his body, but how did that happen? With no sound at all, the guard's head has been separated from his shoulders. Emily spins to Thaniel with a swift urgency which anyone can identify as a fight or flight response.

"scan the area, NOW! We will not be doomed to the same fate as this guard" Emily is now being fearless and more controlling than me, and I am supposed to be in charge. Thaniel holds his scanner close and looks over all of the details on the screen, showing an alert face.

"my scanner is picking up movement, but I don't see anything" Thaniel is looking at the blue screen with red lines representing movement. But there is nothing in-front of us, or is there? I raise my rifle and pull the trigger. I expect my bullets to hit the wall, but they hit something invisible. Lines on the scanner, invisible entities. This is either a cloaked monster with tentacles, or many long creatures.

"the enemy is invisible, watch yourselves" the guards are turning around in every direction, trying to dodge and counter the creatures. You can not anticipate an opponent's next move when they are invisible. In life, the most dangerous enemy is either one you can not stop, or one you can not see.

"where are they?" one guard starts to shoot at empty spaces. But the bullets don't hit anything but the wall. The invisible entity retaliates. A meaty crunch is quickly followed by the sound of something slapping the floor. I turn to see the poor guard lying on the floor, with his head a few meters away, connected only by a trail of blood. The rest of us gather closer together in reaction to the guard's death.

"we are going to need more men to contain these monsters" Emily looks around the walls and fires, hitting the monster once. If everyone was as good as her when shooting, we might have already had dealt with this creature in the first few seconds.

"the blood from the wounds reveals the monster's body" one of the guards points to the wall near the door. There is a dark red circle, but it is getting misshapen from flowing blood.

"open fire!" Emily fires her gun first, then the rest of us follow her lead and rain down a storm of lead. The hallway is silent, I can not hear anything now. There are no whooshes from the invisible entity and nobody has died since we killed this invisible monster. Even if just for a moment, we have not been attacked.

"close the door and seal it in an unbreakable lock" Thaniel starts to walk over to us.

"thank you for the help guys, we would still be fighting those things if you were not here" Thaniel says that, but I didn't do anything meaningful.

"we are glad to help" Emily grabs my arm and drags me with her out of Dark Sector.

"you need to be more commanding Lothar, those men needed a real leader, I am not one of them. It has to be you to lead them" I wish I could.

"I do not know how to command. I was hired based on the fact that I would not leave the job because I had nowhere else to go" I want to save these guards, but I don't think I can.

"then I will teach you. Tomorrow we will be discussing leadership and your improvements" Emily leaves my side and heads to her office. So now I start to head up each level of the facility until I reach the exit, it is time for me to head home.

When I finally reach it, the guards approach me.

"we will require your site ID please" I hand the guards my ID and he places it on the stationary scanner. The green stripe moves up and down on the card, reading it.