Chap 41

Flashback:

At the campsite that morning:

Suga: "Y/N I know what could help you move on. I know this could be dangerous but I want you on my team. Someone leaked a few pieces of information without my knowledge and the chief isn't giving me any backup team to investigate this case.

Let me tell you a story Y/n. There was this secret agent from the US who had come to Seoul for a mission. He fell in love with a girl who was a doctor in the town he stayed. They were in love. He realised that his job could become a burden for him to marry the women he loved. So, he quit the job in between the mission. He married his love and lived in the outskirts of the town far from any danger. They were a happy family Y/N with two children. The children were just 12 and 16 years old.

I was transferred to Seoul which was my first ever case. We found the corps of the couple in that house. It looked like they were killed years ago. I guess the children were safe. I didn't find much but for a picture. I investigated further I found out one of the children was dealing with an Antisocial personal Disorder. In common what we call a psychopath. He was in his rehab center after losing his parents and young sister. He wasn't showing any traits of his disorder, so he was shifted to a normal school to complete his studies. His sister was adopted by some family and I don't know much about her.

He once had a huge fight with one of the boys in his high school. More like he was bullied because he was from a rehab center. After that, he ran away from the school and was never found near that school. Luckily the picture of him from those schools helped me recognize him. He is involved in a lot of criminal activities, but we could never get him.

He is much stronger now Y/N, he is moving around to kill the person who bullied him. I have a strong belief that he would come for his victim again.

I want someone to be next to that victim and give me updates and I want your help Y/N. I know you have always been interested in things like this. I couldn't find any other way to help you move on or find someone to help me with this case.

Will you do that for me, I'll help you get a job within the department I work for?"

Y/N silently listened to the whole story. She slowly turned back to me. She released a deep sigh before slowly nodding her head.

I closed my eyes with satisfaction and smiled.

" You will be fine, trust me" I promised her, she nodded and walked away.

As she walked away I got a call...

End of Flashback

"Why did you have to lie?" She yelled.

"I didn't completely lie; the story is correct; I just told her that I don't have any backup because of you who leaked the information," I explained

"Whatever," she said and the rest of the journey held an awkward silence.

Jimin POV:

I felt sunlight shining on my face waking me up from a long night

I felt sunlight shining on my face waking me up from a long night. I opened my eyes to see Taehyung curled up on the sofa. I slowly approached him and shook his shoulder to wake him up. He got up with a shiver which made me worried.

" Taehyung?" I called out when I felt a harsh pain in the head.  I guess the Hangover has started to take its effects.  Holding my head I turned towards silent Taehyung and asked him again.

" Taehyung are you okay?"

He looked at me terrified.

"You had another nightmare?"

He nodded and started explaining his dream.

"I felt like someone was pulling Y/N away from me, she didn't want to go. We were holding each other tightly. A faint figure appeared and started pulling her away. I don't want anyone to take her away from me Jimin" he said with glassy eyes.

" Nothing will happen to her Taehyung, it was just a nightmare" I consoled him rubbing his back

" I am going to propose to her today" he shot suddenly.

" What!? No Taehyung! You are not thinking properly. Stop being stupid" I yelled at him.

"Why? "

" Didn't you just say she came out of a traumatic experience of her boyfriend"

" Yes I did but it was like months ago, I feel if I won't get her now then I'll never get her Jimin," he said and stood up

"You are acting mad Taehyung" I yelled as I pulled him back to the couch.

" I am not acting mad Jimin, I just don't want to lose her. I felt like drowning when she was being pulled away from me."

"Let her go then Taehyung"

" Why should I?"

" Maybe...For her boyfriend" I said gently

" What rubbish are you even talking about? Her boyfriend died in the car accident that was destined to happen. We were destined to meet Jimin. " He shouted at me with tears flowing down his eyes.

" Taehyung, don't be stubborn, it's about someone's life, your life, her life. Don't take decisions in hurry" I yelled back trying to still console him. 

" I am not being stubborn but you are, you don't like the fact of me being close to her. Don't tell me you have a crush on her or I'll break your bones" He glared at me with fearful eyes.

" No Taehyungaa, she was a part of someone's life, do you think she will accept you when you go to her all of a sudden, do you think she would have moved on from her boyfriend"

"I totally feel that she has moved on Jimin and for that guy, her boyfriend, he is not coming back to life to wipe her tears or anything. So just let me approach her"

" What if I say her boyfriend could be alive, you idiot! Would you stop thinking about her?"

There was an awkward silence when I finished my sentence.

" Are you saying her boyfriend is alive?"

I gulped when I realized what I just said. That wasn't supposed to come out that way.