Chap 18

Y/N POV:

"I'll explain later but for now I don't want you to take Taehyung home, keep him here until I inform you, and don't tell anybody anything"

I just nodded not being able to process whatever he said right now. He looked around and noticed me in fear.

"Hey...Everything will be fine, don't worry," He assured me and walked away without turning back.

I looked around a little frightened. I saw a lift door opening and quickly ran inside. I searched for Taehyung everywhere. He was not there in his studio or conference room. I entered the lobby, looking around for Taehyung.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around with a gasp, his face was just inches from me. I moved back feeling awkward.

"Where the hell were you? How long should I wait?" He yelled in his arrogant gaze.

"I was just exploring the office," I said with an awkward laugh and instantly regretted what I just said. 

"What ?" He narrowed his eyes

"I mean I was searching for the canteen to grab something to eat before leaving, I didn't eat anything since morning" I covered it for my previous statement.

His expression softened to what I said.

" Fine, the canteen is on the top floor, grab something and come soon. I'll be waiting here."

I didn't feel safe letting him sit alone in the lobby, I somehow had to come up with an excuse to bring him along.

" How about we eat something together,"

He looked at me raising his left eyebrow

"I thought you would be hungry. You didn't eat the burger I bought".

He went silent at my comment.

Maybe not expecting me to be too generous to him after what happened in the conference room.

He nodded and followed me to the canteen.

No one was there in the canteen since it was past the working hours. I headed towards the open kitchen. Looking inside the refrigerator and I found eggs and carrots.

A sad smile crept around my face reminding me of Jungkook munching carrots all the time. I closed the door and turned towards Taehyung.

"Do you want to have an omelet?" I asked a little afraid of how he would react to having the same food again.

He didn't answer but came inside the kitchen and opened a small cabinet in the corner of the slab.

He inserted his hands a little deep inside the box and pulled out a big box that says Oreo. He kept the box in front of me indicating me to eat.

"I and my band used to hide snacks here during our practice because we were on a strict diet." He said smiling and looking at the box.

"Oh, nice!" I replied

I was confused by his kind gesture all of a sudden. I shrugged it off and held the box in my hand.

Opening the box I was amazed to see there was more than just Oreo. There were bananas, a bottle of whiskey, with a pack of cigarettes arranged next to it.

I glared at him, I guess he felt awkward, he escaped my gaze and turned away taking a banana with him to another table. 

"It's on to drink and smoke. But it is in the moments of your decision that your destiny is shaped"

He stared at me with a banana in his mouth. 

He slowly took it out and gawked at me.

"That's why I took a cigarette instead of the banana," He stated sarcastically.

I instantly repented whatever I said.

Opening the packet I started stuffing my mouth with those cookies when my phone vibrated.

I took it out of my pocket to find a new message from Jin. My expression slowly faded away as I read the message.

" This is Jin, Y/N I want you to take Taehyung somewhere safe like your house but don't bring him to his house."

My mind just stopped working and all I wanted to do is scream in frustration. I had Taehyung here eating peacefully, Someone out there is trying to kill him, I have no idea as to why they want him dead, a few hours back he almost choked me to death, later cried on my shoulders like a baby and Jin wants me to take him to my house. Wow!!! Y/N what a mess did you bring yourself into. I am surely going to kill Suga for this. It's just the first day of work and I have to bring my boss home, Argh!!!

I was trying hard to think about How I should do to bring this evil boss home. I was lost in my thoughts when my eyes fell on the bottle of whiskey.

Oh! God! I am going to regret this.