"Oh don't be such a drama queen," he chuckles with a charismatic gaze.

I hold my tongue, walking at a quicker pace. I'm tired of everyone assuming that I am being dramatic about everything.

"Look, angel," he begins again as he drives beside me. "You just happened to meet the not so good side of me that night. The business side. I'm actually a pretty nice guy."

"Nice guy?" I scoff, not believing how insensitive he is. "You literally pulled a knife on me. And threatened to shoot me. I wasn't even part of whatever shit deal you and Harry had."

"Well I had to spice things up a little. Make things interesting," he exclaims with a smile. "Besides, I wasn't going to kill you, darling. I knew Styles would have took the bait."

"Can you please just leave me alone?" I plead, keeping my eyes forward.

"Can you please just take my extremely nice offer and let me drive you wherever you need to go?"

"I'm already almost there," I tell him.

"Then there should be no problem with letting me take you."

"No thank you," I say, turning a corner.

His car reappears beside me as he turns the corner. I roll my eyes. This guy is really starting to get on my nerves. As if my day hasn't been bad enough. Of course he just happens to be driving the same road I am walking on.

"Alright, alright. Your loss, angel," he murmurs. "I guess I'll just have to call Harry and tell him our deal is off."

I stop in my tracks. "What?"

"I said," he clears his throat with exaggeration. "I will have to call Styles and tell him the little deal we made to get him resigned will just have to be off. Poor guy. He'll be so upset."

My heart drops to my feet. "Over me not accepting a freaking car ride from you?"

He shrugs. "Mhm."

I stare at him. I don't know whether he is serious or not. I know how bad Harry pleaded for this deal with Adrian. Would Adrian actually take it back over this? Even with all the anger I have towards Harry right now, I don't want him to be stuck in this mess. I want him to be able to get out and change one day, even if it's not with me.

"F-Fine," I spit out. "I'll ride with you. But swear to me that there is no other agenda besides giving me a lift."

His lips turn upwards, stretching into a cocky smile. "I swear."

I take a deep breath before striding over the car and opening the door. I bend down and step inside, sitting down on the leather seat. His car is very clean and has a nice smell to it, like cedar wood. I pull on my seatbelt with a shaky hand, trying not to look at Adrian as he merges back on the road.

I feel him look over at me. "So where I am taking you, pretty girl?"

I pause. I don't want some psychopath knowing where I sleep at night. I think of places near Zayn's apartment and the local library pops into my mind.

"Um, keep going straight. I'm just going to the public library over here," I lie.

"Ah, a little bookworm, huh?" he hums as he taps his fingers on the steering wheel. "Cute."