EPILOGUE (II)

EXTERNAL POV

The venue was all set: since it was in the outside, under a very lovely flower ceiling, there were violet flowers everywhere, spreading their sweet smell to the guests that are now seated. It was an intimate wedding, so only twenty people or so were present: in the front row, the brides' families were laughing together - Mallory, ultimate representative of Christen's family, was making jokes with Krisite and Shelina, while Maura was playing with Julie Johnston, who was sitting behind her with some of her colleagues. Lia arrived a tiny bit late, but she was there, seated right next to Julie - although they haven't addressed a word at each other, there was some unspoken tension between the two. 

Behind the scenes, Christen was adjusting her lovely suit, feeling the world fall from under her feet. She was remembering it all, with small flashes from meaningful moments: the first time she kissed Abby ; the pain, the heartbreak, the issues they had to get by together ; Mallory's entrance to college and her departure from Orange ; and that time Christen proposed to Abby out of the blue. The dark-haired would remember this moment for the rest of her life: she and the blonde were by the sea, after a long day of work, just enjoying the sunset, when Christen felt it was the right moment (she has been waiting a whole year for this moment, in total honesty). When she pulled out the ring from her pocket, Abby's eyes brightened, and she, too, took a ring out of her pocket, tears invading her eyes. They just sat there for hours, long before the sun was down, just telling each other everything they loved about the other, before mutually proposing to the other. This was the most emotional day of Christen's life - or so she thought!

Today, at that very moment, she was feeling on the verge of falling: her knees were weak, and if she hadn't seen Abby before the actual ceremony, she knew she was just as astonishing as she always is, if not more. Feeling her heart beat loudly against her chest, she slowly advances down the aisle, all eyes on her now. She sees Mallory, with tears in her eyes, deeply moved ; she then crosses eyes with Kristie, who brightly smiles at her (those past year, while working together, they have become way more than sisters-in-law: they became true friends), while Shelina winks her way, amused. Cracking a smile, Christen advances up to the person that was about to marry her to the love of her life.

Then, she advances.

Her dress was subliming her already flawless body, as her hair were straightened, falling on her shoulders perfectly. A lock of her hair was pulled back, and a violet rose was making it stick together. Her eyes seemed to be melting when she saw Christen, and she, too, was feeling weakness in her knees. Realising that her sister was on the verge of falling down, Kristie quickly steps forward, wrapping an arm around Abby's hips, leading her right to Christen. 

She was astonishingly beautiful in this long, white dress, as her eyes immediately soften when she sees Christen

She was astonishingly beautiful in this long, white dress, as her eyes immediately soften when she sees Christen. Kristie leads her to her fiancé and future wife, and once they are in front of each other, the funny blonde smirks and quickly hugs the two brides, making the audience laugh, before returning to her seat, taking Maura on her lap.