L

ABBY

My heart stops beating.

She is standing there, her hair tied up in a ponytail, curly and beautiful, while her greenish eyes are stuck on me. I haven't seen her awake and standing in months, but somehow I felt like no time has passed, and nothing had happened: I don't know if she really wanted that to be felt, but the light in her eyes didn't go off, no matter how angry she was at me. She sets her jaw, her facial muscles tensing up a little bit, while I struggle to breathe properly.

I am standing right outside the patient room I just visited, dressed up like a doctor, my whole body shaking. Frowning, I just cannot think of anything to say. Thankfully enough, she goes first when she coldly asks:

"Can we talk?"

Nodding my head, I show her outside the hospital, on a quiet  balcony, not really sure how I felt: nauseous, that's for sure, and my heart was beating faster because she was there, and my body wasn't able to process the fact that we were standing in front of each other at that very moment.

Christen, on the other hand, didn't seem so thrilled to see me: her eyes and body language were evasive, and I could tell that she didn't know whether to hit or hug me. After a few minutes spent in total silence, just standing there, she hesitantly steps forward, before my body almost dies.

She wraps her arms around me and starts crying silently on my shoulder, hugging me so tight that I could barely breathe: not because she was oppressive, but because everything I felt for her back then came back slapping my face and body, as my hand start wandering on her back, caressing her hair slowly and softly. 

I feel one of her hand on the back of my neck, touching it softly, as if she wanted to tell me without talking that yes, she was mad at me, but she still felt everything I also felt for her - I still do. 

"I am sorry" I whisper into her ear, getting on the tip of my feet since she is taller than I am. I feel her body tensing up, as I tighten my own embrace so that she wouldn't escape and let me finish: "Christen, trust me, I-"

But I cannot finish my sentence.

Instead, I feel soft lips crashing on mine, as her hands have landed on my hips, pulling me closer. In an initial state of shock, it takes me several seconds to kiss her back, my hands finding their way to her jaw, caressing it slowly while kissing her deeper. Our tongues start dancing together for long seconds, before she bites my lip sensually, before leaning back a little.

Our eyes meet again, as I start blushing: when I realise the sexy position we are currently in, I awkwardly cough and try to get away from her, but she firmly leaves her hands on my lips, diving into my eyes.

"I am done being mad at you for defending yourself, Abby" she whispers, her lips barely touching mine. As I close my eyes, totally under her spell, she continues on the same honest and sensual tone: "I missed you."

Our foreheads now leaning against each other, I open my eyes again, only to dive into the green of hers.

As her hand slowly caresses my back, I suddenly stop thinking and say:

"I missed you too."

A smile lightens her face for the first time in months, as I start feeling dizzy because of her so specific and exhilarating smell. I awkwardly put a lock of my own hair behind my ears, as her smile becomes even broader.

As I try to look away from her, she leans in again, this time only pecking my lips, before suddenly stopping because she was frowning.

"What are you thinking about?" she asks me, suddenly confused and panicked, "you seem terrified."

I almost choke on my saliva, as I grab her hand carefully.

"This doesn't change the situation we are in..." I start, choosing my words slowly but surely. As her eyes become darker, I continue: "I mean: you're still supposed to marry Shelina, and have a kid with her, and you family hates me for what I did, and rightfully so... I mean..."

"I don't care" Christen interrupts me, intense as she always is, "I want you, Abby. I don't care about the rest."

"But-"

"Abby."

Rather than trying to convince me with words, she grabs my hand firmly, staring into the blank of my eyes: at that very moment, everything seemed to disappear for a second, as I was both full and frightened. 

Setting my jaw, I only whisper:

"Christen, I cannot let what I feel for you get in the way of your safety: this cannot happen, and you know it."

"No, you-"

"Please" I firmly say, "just listen to me: your mother and sisters want me dead, even Mallory hasn't talked to me since the incident, and you seem to have no choice but to follow your mother's instructions..."

When she grabs my jaw between her soft hands, my breath suddenly gets taken away, as my heart skip a few beats. Momentarily, I was feeling as if this moment wasn't real, as if it was all in my head and I would just wake up soon.

But it was real.

She slowly caresses my cheeks, and I could swear that my brain was having a malfunction because it wouldn't react anymore. When she leans in again, her forehead against mine, and the height difference showing in a very sexy way, I just give in. 

Right before kissing me wildly and locking the door for us to have privacy, she undertook to unbutton my shirt slowly and sensually, staring right into my eyes. I could see the desire and envy in her eyes, and I simply couldn't resist.

She sighs, before whispering into my ear:

"And I only want you; I am done fighting those feelings that won't go away, so trust me: I have a plan."

With that said, she kisses my neck and we end up making sweet love on the couch - a moment that I would never forget... Shit, shit, shit

_________________________

A/N: you're welcome, but, also, you're not ready for what's next - enjoy it while you still can.