Ch 89: Intrusive Ears

Morrigan and Sirius sat in their cabin, his hand tracing up and down her arm as they sat on the couch watching the fire with a certain intent. The two reluctantly left shell cottage after Harry had his time alone with Sirius, knowing that too many of them in the same place could alert the wrong people to their presence. 

The two tucked away in the forest away from the devastation in the world awaited for news of the trios whereabouts. Time had passed far more quickly than they liked, Morrigan now in her third month of pregnancy her belly protruding slightly under the jumpers that she wore. She did her best to conceal it, not wanting to show more than necessary, noting that it could put a bigger target on her back if it was revealed that she was pregnant. 

She was surprised that her father hadn't visited, it became clear what his cryptic words on the beach meant after getting over the surprise. For the first week she waited patiently, expecting Apollo to arrive with a smirk and another vaguely worded glimpse into the future. Yet she was left disappointed, eventually coming to the realization that he wouldn't be coming after all, that she was alone once more with Sirius waiting and listening.

It was the most difficult part for the two, constantly keeping the radio on, hoping to catch the next broadcast of potterwatch and hear any news regarding the trio. Therefore when a broadcast spread across the channel, their hearts skipped a beat. 

Morrigan caught Sirius's gaze both of their bodies tense. The trio were in Hogwarts. Morrigan swallowed the lump in her throat taking out her wand and tucking the pocket knife away in her pocket before giving Sirius a curt nod. He took her arm and the two apparated to Hogsmeade. 

They stumbled as they arrived, their heads spinning from the chaotic setting of the pub in which they had landed. Molly and Arthur Weasley were doing a headcount of the order members. Remus in a heated discussion with Kingsley and an older man Morrigan had not before. Her eyes fell upon the twins who had worried expressions on their faces. 

"Fred! George!" She called amongst the chaos. 

Their heads snapped in her direction, bright grins on their faces as they barreled over towards her wrapping their arms around her small frame. "Morrigan!" Fred cheered bringing her into a close embrace. 

George had a wide grin on his features, "I see you arrived with Black, take it that all is well?" 

"Yeah," Morrigan said her lips in a half smile. "Everything's good. Will be better when this is all over though." 

A rough voice cut through their moment. "Well I wouldn't be to sure of yourselves," he grumbled. 

George leaned down and whispered, "That's Aberforth, Dumbledore's brother." 

The members of the order ducked into the passageway that lead to the room of requirements, as they emerged Morrigan looked at the room in awe. She was shocked to see that it had become a place of refuge for the students, where different houses were living together in an effort of rebellion. 

"Sirius!" Harry said excitedly pushing through the crowd. He hugged his godfather with a bright smile. 

"It's good to see you Harry." 

Morrigan caught sight of Luna, Seamus, and Neville greeting them all with an expression of relief knowing that her friends were safe. 

"What's the plan then Harry?" Neville asked disrupting the reunion. 

"Snape has called for the houses to gather in the great hall. I'll sneak in and you all will enter on my signal." Harry explained. 

"I bet it'll be dramatic," Fred whispered to his twin.

Cigarette Burns - Sirius Blackजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें