Ch 70: The Hardest Impact

The beginning of June brought with it nicer weather and a sense of dread. Morrigan could tell that she was taking advantage of Bill and Fleur's hospitality so she counted the remaining funds she had left in Gringotts and began circling apartments for let in the papers. Much to the displeasure of everyone in the order. She had been scolded by Molly, worried for by Sirius and Remus, the Twins even offered to take her in. But she wanted space to think. To be free from a watchful eye or a look full of pity. She wanted to heal. 

However, she couldn't do that while she waited for Owen's arrival. After the calls back and forth between him and Beatrice, who had proven to be a great negotiator, a date was set. Morrigan felt her heart race, her palms sweat, and an overall a terrible sense of dread for the encounter to come. The wound he left in her still fresh, being poked and prodded at with every passing minute. 

She walked into Grimmauld Place, doing her best to put on a confident front and not show the emotional distress she was truly under. Upon hearing the front door open both Sirius and Remus dashed from the kitchen. Seeing them made her wonder if it was a good idea to agree to them accompanying her. She recalled the exact conversation, when she broke the news that she would be meeting with Owen and Beatrice. Both of the men insisted that they were present, Sirius managed to make the point that since Beatrice was technically under his employment he should at least be present. Which lead to him inviting Remus under the guise of emotional support. 

Fleur, hearing that Morrigan would be seeing her ex, had dressed Morrigan for the occasion. Demanding that Morrigan allow her to style her outfit and hair as she was so hospitable to the grey haired witch. Morrigan understood Fleur's intention, to help her feel confident, show her ex what he was missing. But truly it only made her slightly more nervous. Dressed in an off white sundress that was form fitting and fell just far enough under her bum to still be considered classy, black heeled boots and a leather jacket on top, she looked a vision. She looked like the girl who wandered into Grimmauld Place two and a half years ago, wearing devilish red lipstick and an unsure expression. 

As Remus went to greet her, Sirius held back. The way her hair fell in perfect waves down her back, her winged eyeliner highlighting her silver eyes, the leather jacket and heeled boots making her look dangerous, but the sundress bringing in the feminine touch. He swore his heart skipped beats, mouth running dry, as he suddenly felt flustered and nervous. Like a school boy with his crush. He now understood how James felt with Lily. 

Composing himself with a deep breath he approached her, "How are you holding up?" 

She sighed, "I'm alright, I just want to get this over with." 

"We'll be there the entire time," Sirius said with a half smile, "we've got your back little wolf." 

"Shall we?" Remus asked opening the front door. 

The three walked to the pub in near silence, Remus and Sirius making the occasional comment or quip to try and diffuse the tension, but neither of them could cut through the thoughts that circled in Morrigan's head. As they reached the front door Morrigan stopped suddenly her nerves getting the better of her, "I don't know if I can do this." 

"You can," Remus said in an effort to console her. 

She shook her head, "How am I supposed to go in there and face him? What am I even supposed to say?" 

"You have two Gryffindors with you darling," Sirius said moving so he was in front of her his eyes gazing into hers, "if your puff kindness can rub off on us, then some of our courage must have rubbed off on you. Worst comes to worst you can always punch him, speaking from experience it hurts a lot and is hilarious to witness."