Ch 23: Possessive Qualities That Make Legs Quiver

The Order sat around the kitchen table. In attendance was Alastor Moody, Mundungus Fletcher, Remus Lupin, Nymphadora Tonks, Molly Weasley, Arthur Weasley, Bill Weasley, Kingsley Shacklebolt, Sirius Black and Morrigan Hale. 

"I don't think you all realize how bad it is at Hogwarts," Morrigan argued, "I am getting so many letters about this horrible woman slicing kids up like they're cake! We can't just turn a blind eye!" 

"We can and we must," Alastor argued, "If we interfere now it will only confirm suspicions that Dumbledore has a secret army!" 

"A secret army?" Sirius scoffed, "We're a small group of wizards who sit around a table and yell at each other for an hour or two, not much of an army." 

Alastor disregarded his comment, "What else have you learnt Hale?" 

"They're doing something incredibly stupid," Morrigan said looking around the table, "They're using the room of requirements to train in defense against the dark arts. Harry's teaching them to defend themselves for the coming war." 

"They're going to get themselves expelled," Molly gasped. 

"We cannot say that we know anything of this," Remus said leaning over the table, "if Dumbledore wanted us to intervene he would have said. While it is incredibly irresponsible they do need to learn how to defend themselves in case they're attacked." 

Kingsley nodded, "I have to agree with Remus, the kids cannot know we are aware of their activities. It would not only tip off the ministry but it would ruin their trust with Morrigan." 

Understanding their points Molly didn't argue further. Alastor looked at Morrigan, "Good, good, now what about the Muggle world?" 

"The disappearances are starting again. A muggle born I knew has gone missing Abigail Cooper. There'll be many more soon, I'm sure of it. There's unrest in their world too right now, it's absolute chaos." Morrigan explained capturing the attention of the table who looked at her with worry. 

Molly pursed her lips, "Is it a good idea for Morrigan to be working in that pub?" 

"She's fine there," Remus assured the table, "we need someone who knows how to talk to both wizards and muggles, she's our only choice." 

Mundungus eyed up Morrigan, "Doesn't hurt that she's pretty too- Ow!" 

Alastor Moody had whacked him with his cane, "Not another word Mundungus or it'll be Black who takes a swing at you next." 

"I better be off, the ministry is keeping tabs on everyone's whereabouts these days. I can't be gone too long," Kingsley said getting up from the table. 

Alastor agreed walking out with the man and departing for the ministry. Mundungus left quickly as well, uncomfortable under Sirius's watchful gaze. Arthur struck up conversation with Morrigan, "So what is it like working at a muggle pub then? And what is a juke-box?" 

"It's sort of like a stereo, it takes records and plays songs automatically using a selection mechanism. This was before CD's." Morrigan explained, albeit poorly. 

"Fascinating!" Arthur cheered content with her reply. "And working at the pub?" 

"It's been alright," she said politely, "it's been busy since it's opened, but I really enjoy chatting with all of the guests." 

Bill catching the tail end of their conversation joined in, "Is it much different to a wizarding pub?" 

"A bit," Morrigan said, "Muggles don't have firewhiskey or butterbeer. Instead they mix drinks like peach schnapps or rum with different juices or sodas to make cocktails. It doesn't taste like alcohol and it gets you drunk rather quickly."