Ch 63: Confessions That Twist Truths

The streets of Hogsmeade were nearly empty as Bill and Morrigan wandered their old stomping grounds. The two pointed at shops and recalled funny memories as the strolled side by side. It was an unusual sight for the shop owners, seeing the grey haired girl with the eldest Weasley, but in recent years they had grown accustomed to the unexpected. 

Morrigan relished in the knowledge that she was doing something to help the Order. Even though it wasn't some large battle or life threatening mission, it was helping and to her that's all that mattered. "So are you excited for your wedding to Fleur?" 

"Yeah," Bill said a large smile on his face as he thought about his fiance, "I just wish mum would settle down about the whole thing. I know Fleur can be a bit..." 

"Blunt?" Morrigan offered seeing him struggle to find the right word. 

"Blunt," he agreed, "but she means well. And I actually love it about her, I don't have to wonder what she's thinking, she's strong and amazing and-" He paused looking at Morrigan's toothy smile, "What?" 

"You're so in love Weasley," she teased. 

"Shut up," Bill said his cheeks tingeing pink, "speaking of, how's things with your handsome barman?" 

"They're good," Morrigan said, "he's always been amazing." 

"But?" 

"What do you mean but?" Morrigan asked stopping along the cobbled street. 

Bill raised his brows, "There's a but Morrigan. I can sense it." 

She laughed lightly, "You can sense it? Since when did you have the ability to do that Bill?"

"You know, back when you and Sirius were together, he told me this funny little thing about you," Bill mused, "That you're particularly skilled in the art of dodging questions. And I'm sorry to say Morrigan, you're a bit out of practice." 

"Is that a bad thing?" Morrigan asked. 

"Not necessarily," Bill shrugged gesturing for them to continue walking down the streets, "it either means you're completely open with people right now, or you're so closed off that you refuse to have any deep conversations." 

"I don't know which one then," Morrigan sighed. 

"So stop dodging it then, where's the but?" Bill pressed. 

"I love him," Morrigan stated, "I really do." 

"And that's a problem?" Bill asked. 

"Yes," she said simply, "because everyone I love leaves me eventually. It's like some shitty curse, and I'm worried that as soon as I tell him I love him, he'll leave me." 

Bill looked at her with a puzzled expression, "And what else?" 

Morrigan's jaw dropped, "Merlin Bill, did you get an O in divination or something?" 

"No Morrigan, I've just been a curse breaker for too long, I spend a lot of time looking at things and picking apart their secrets... also Fleur has her suspicions." 

"Fleur," Morrigan groaned, "I love the girl, but such a gossip." 

"Of course she is, we're in a committed relationship, we take pride in sharing gossip about all of our friends," Bill grinned goofily causing Morrigan to laugh. 

"Alright Weasley," Morrigan conceded, "I'm scared to tell him I love him, because I still love Sirius. And what does that mean? Does that mean that I'll never fall in love with Owen? I'm just so confused all the time, and it's shit because everything happened so quickly, from losing Sirius to dating Owen, I wish I took some time to figure out what I want in my future."