49 Broken Egg

Part 49 Broken Egg

Arnav couldn't believe what just Jamal said was happening around him without his knowledge. It seems Khushi was madly in love with him... Loving someone for more than four years is not a simple thing... that too, without the other one's knowledge... It was purely a CAT ON THE WALL situation. She would not have had an idea about her future. She loved him before his marriage and continued loving him even after he murdered his wife, without changing her mind. Was her love that deep? When he was looking for his wife's love which was not at all exist, a girl had been crying for missing him. How unpredictable life is...! What would have happened if he had not gotten to know about his wife and waited for his wife to start a life? A small girl's life would have become lifeless.

He saw Khushi's mobile on the table. He remembered in what name she has been stored his number. SOULMATE... when he saw that on her phone, he wondered but he never imagined that there could be an untold story behind her actions. What a heavy word SOULMATE is... was he worthy of it?

Arnav knew she won't lock her phone with a password. He knew it is not good manners to check others' phones... that too without their permission. But now, he was not in the state to think about decency. Taking it, he searched for something about HIM but he didn't get anything. He opened the gallery and searched. He saw HIS photos in the camera folder. But the photos looked new to him. He never had seen the photo. His LOOK in the photo said that the photo would have been captured after he got released from jail because he looked rigid in the photo. He tried to recall when he wore the dress. He looked at the pics one by one keenly and saw a saffron color flag behind him. His eyes widened. That was the same temple in which he met Khushi for the first time. Yes, he had been wearing the same suit that day. Did she capture his pic that day? Yes, she was taking selfies with Devi Maiya's idol. She should have pretended like capturing selfies but captured HIS photos. How beautifully she acted as if she had never seen him before...! Didn't she ask, MAY I KNOW WHO ARE YOU?

Keeping the phone back, he came to the kitchen to meet Khushi... the girl who was hiding her love from him.

In the meanwhile, Ratna was thinking about Manorama's words that she said once. Khushi's extreme level of trust in Arnav wondered her. Any woman in her place will get angry hearing the recording or get upset but Khushi stood firmly supporting Arnav. It didn't seem like a simple love. Is it ONLY understanding?

She smiled seeing Khushi getting inside the kitchen. Khushi clutched Ratna's hand.

*Thank you so much, Amma... because of you, Arnavji opened his heart up* she said cheerfully.

*How many times will you thank me Khushi? *

*Whenever I feel to do that...* She smiled.

*You deserve it... you deserve a happy life...*

*Arnavji also deserves Amma...*

Ratna stopped for a while.

*Can I ask you something? *

*You can ask me anything Amma...*

*How do you love Chotte to this extent? * she asked her finally.

Khushi got stuck for a second as she didn't expect this question from her.

*If anyone would have been in your place, she had upset like hell with Chotte but you... I don't think it's a simple understanding... it seems something is beyond the horizon...*

Arnav who came there stood, hearing their talks.

*Amma... I love Arnavji... don't you know? *

*I too love Chotte. I know him more than anyone yet I was shaken when I heard the recording... but you...? *