41 Cool Arnav

Part 41 Cool Arnav...

Ratna stopped laughing.

*Chotte, as you are at home, take Khushi to the hospital today evening.*

Khushi frowned at them not understanding.

*Chotte wants to scan your head as you got hit on your head.*

*I just got hit on my forehead, Amma...*

*Doctor also didn't say it is necessary...but Chotte wants to get cleared...*She smiled.

If it was the previous day, Khushi would have smiled at him teasingly but now, the situation became upside down.

*Khushi, are you coming downstairs for the lunch or...*

*No, Amma... I will come downstairs...* She said.

*Could you walk?*

*Of course...*

*No problem if you can't... Chotte will pick you up...* she said teasingly.

*I could walk Amma...* Khushi said looking down.

*Ok... come downstairs after half an hour...* Ratna left their room.

*I have no problem in picking you up, Khushi...*

Khushi got horror-struck, hearing an unexpected statement from an unexpected person. She turned towards him who was working on the laptop, smirking. It made her stomach mixed up.

Khushi came downstairs a little earlier. Ratna didn't allow her to do anything and ordered her to sit in the dining. Arnav joined them later.

*Mom, I have got an appointment with the doctor. We have to go to the hospital at 5 o'clock.*

*Ok...Khushi beta... don't hesitate to ask anything from Chotte...*

Khushi nodded ok smiling awkwardly.

After finishing lunch, Khushi went to the room and lay down to get sleep because she was unable to see his smirk that day. Arnav was amazed, seeing her become silent. Until then he had seen her roaming around him so freely. After the bathroom incident, she turned the opposite of her real charm.

Khushi didn't get sleep. She was thinking that Arnav would look at her. After an hour, she dozed off.

Arnav looked at the clock. It was 4 o'clock. He came to Khushi and removed the quilt she was covering herself with, thinking that she was pretending like sleeping. When he saw her in deep sleep, he raised his brows. He tapped her cheek gently. Khushi opened her sleepy eyes and looked at Arnav. It reminded Arnav of a kitten.

*We are getting late. Get ready...* He said.

Khushi sat on the bed jerking.

*Slowly...* he said.

Khushi got down from the bed and rushed to the washroom to get ready. Arnav pressed his lips. Khushi came out of the washroom quickly.

*Shall we go?*

She nodded ok.

They left RM after taking leave from Ratna.

Arnav and Khushi met the doctor.

*How are you now?* the doctor asked Khushi.

*I'm a fine doctor...*

*You can go and do scanning...*

*Thank you doctor...*

*Yodo u do need to thank me? It's your husband who wants to do that...*

Khushi nodded yes as Ratna told her about it already.

They came to the scanning section and saw many people waiting.

*Do you want something to eat or drink?* Arnav asked her.

*No...*

*You didn't even have a coffee after waking up from the nap*

*I will have it after finishing the scanning*

*Are you sure...?*

Khushi nodded yes.

*Ok, sit...*

They took seats and waited for their turn. Khushi was called inside. She went to the scanning room and stopped at the entrance. She looked behind and saw Arnav still sitting, looking at her. Khushi's look was like DON'T YOU COME WITH ME? Arnav stood from the chair and accompanied her smiling inwardly.

The scanning was done.

*You can get the report tomorrow, sir* the scanner told.

*Ok...* Arnav said and came out with Khushi.

*Could you have something now?*

Khushi nodded ok. Arnav started the car and rode it. Khushi was confused, seeing him not stopping the car and crossing many restaurants. She kept silent not asking him a question.

She was surprised when the car stopped in front of the coffee shop where they went before their marriage. She looked at him with the same surprise.

*People in the coffee shop don't know that we got married* he said with a smirk.

Khushi remembered that she said the same dialogue to Arnav when she crossed the road, clutching his hand while visiting the temple on the day of Pagperah. Arnav got down from the car whereas Khushi was sitting in the car all smiling. Arnav tapped the window glass with the car key and gestured for her to get down. Khushi got off the car and followed Arnav.

Arnav went straight to the same table they sat at the other day.

The same bearer who handles the table came to them.

*Yes, Sir...*

*Two Cappuccino*

*Yes, sir...* he left the place.

Khushi couldn't believe that Arnav trying to make the situation smoother between them. Khushi was still shy thinking about the incident. But Arnav acted cool... in fact, cooler than ever before.

The cappuccino arrived. They had it silently. Khushi didn't even look at Arnav but Arnav was continuously stealing her glance. After finishing it, they came out, settling the bill.

Khushi went to the car and waited for Arnav to open the lock. Taking the remote, Arnav removed the lock while advancing the car. Arnav went to his side and about to open the door, he stopped, hearing Khushi's scream.

*Arnaaaav...*

She rushed to him and pushed him onto the platform. In no time, their car got smashed by a truck and the truck didn't stop but left the place at high speed. Arnav was horror-struck seeing that whereas Khushi rushed to him and hugged him tightly, making him blow. The girl who was struggling to look at him a few minutes ago was hugging him in the public without caring about anything. Arnav could feel her body trembling and she was crying. He touched her head.

*Khushi I'm alright...*

Khushi broke the hug and examined his face and hands with teary eyes. She saw a scratch on his forearm. She looked at the car which was crumbled.

*Give me money...* she asked in a broken voice.

Arnav removed his wallet and extended it to her. Taking it from him, she rushed to the nearby medical shop. Arnav smiled at her. she brought Band-Aid and ointment. She did first-aid for Arnav using them. Arnav was looking at her tears-filled face lovingly, forgetting the crumpled car.

To be continued...