36 The reason behind the action

Part 36 the reason behind the action

Arnav couldn't come out of the DAUGHTER spell. He sat on the bed and thought about it. Will their daughter be like Khushi...? An adorable smile crept on his face. What would he do if both mother and daughter make him wonder for his whole life? He nodded no smilingly. He stopped and wondered about his imagination. Had he become like Khushi in thinking of such things?

He thought about how she became sad the previous day. Thank God, she became brisk after dinner. She looked very upset after he denied having sweets in her hand. What could he do? He was not used to being so cheesy.

He waited for a while to get coffee. He thought Khushi will bring it for him. But nope. She didn't come with his coffee. He came downstairs to have it. He saw Khushi come out of the pooja room with Ratna.

*Oh... Has she been doing pooja...? That's why she didn't get coffee for him* he gave the reason for her actions.

Ratna kept vermillion on Khushi's forehead and fed her ladoo. Taking another ladoo from the plate, Ratna handed it to Khushi.

*Give this Prasad to Chotte...*

Khushi took it in her hand, nodding ok. Arnav's brain worked quickly. He ran back to his room and stood, keeping his left hand on his hip, scratching his forehead with his right hand. He planned something fast and went to the poolside. Taking a flower pot, he filled mud in it.

Khushi came with the ladoo to give it to Arnav. As he was not in the room, she ran her eyes to the poolside. She saw him doing gardening. Even though Arnav sensed her presence he continued his work not looking at her.

*Arnav...*

Arnav looked at her turning his head and stood.

*Hanna...*

*Amma asked me to give this Prasad to you* she said showing the ladoo.

*Oh... but...* he showed his mud-filled hands to her.

He thought she would feed the ladoo, seeing his hands dirty. Arnav was looking at her to know what she was going to do.

*Ok, then... I will keep it on the table... have it later.* Saying that she went inside the room, making him disappointed. Arnav threw his hands in the air all fed-up.

He just wanted to equalize his previous mistake... but Khushi didn't give him a chance to do that. Of course, nothing would happen as per our wish. This was how she too got disappointed when he denied having the sweet from her hand. He sighed.

Three days later

*We are leaving, Jeeji...* Manorama said.

*Why are you leaving so earlier...?* Ratna asked.

*It's a week since e came here...*

*So, what? what's necessary to go to Lucknow urgently?* Arvind asked her.

*We will come again for sure, Jeejaji...* Manorama said.

*Ok... but NK and Akash will be here* Arvind said.

*That's it...* NK said delightedly.

*Do you guys want to be here?* Manorama asked.

They nodded yes.

*I got a job in AR... so, I have no reason to come to Lucknow* NK said.

*Yes, ma. I too want to find a job in Delhi. What will I do in Lucknow?* Akash said.

*When your sons want to be here, what will you do alone in Delhi?* Ratna questioned Manorama.

Manorama looked at Manohar.