4 Uninvited Guest

Part 4 Uninvited Guest

Khushi's words about Arnav were echoing in Shashi's mind. He almost has forgotten that he is sitting at the cash counter of his sweet shop. He didn't know his daughter could have a positive attitude towards the very worst matter. He was dumbfounded, of course. Would any girl have forward-thinking about Arnav who killed his wife in anger? Shashi thought deeply.

Evening

Khushi was surfing something on her laptop, sitting on her bed. She smiled seeing Shashi knocking on her door.

"Babuji... you came so earlier today?"

"Yes, beta. where is Garima?"

"Today is Monday Babuji. She went to Shiv Mandhir."

"Yeah, I have forgotten."

"It's because you never had been this earlier to home."

"I would like to talk to you about something." He said while getting inside.

He sat beside her. Khushi looked at him with the eagerness that what he wanted to talk to her.

"Tell me Babuji..."

"Today morning we spoke about something."

"Yeah... We discussed about my decision of what to do further. I will join you next week."

Shashi nodded yes.

"We talked about something else too..."

"Arnav?"

"Yes... I'm so glad that you have a different view of this issue."

"Because it has a positive side too, Babuji."

"That's why I thought to talk to you about it."

"About what?"

"Would any of your friends marry Arnav?" Shashi asked observing her expression.

"My friends?" she questioned.

Shashi nodded yes.

"No way Babuji..." she smiled.

"But why?"

"Because they all are already committed..." She chuckled.

"Really?"

"Yeah... two of them are getting married in a month or two..."

"Ohh... I thought your friends will also be like you..."

Khushi smiled softly.

"By the way... when your friends have selected their partners, why didn't you? No one else proposed to you?"

Khushi laughed loudly.

"In three years, I got proposals from eighteen guys."

"Oh..." Shashi raised his eyebrows in amazement.

Khushi laughed seeing his expression.

"Didn't you like anyone?"

"I didn't have interest Babuji..."

"Why?"

"What do you mean WHY. I went to college to study Babuji. And, more than that, why do I bother about my partner when you are here to select him for me?"

Shashi was speechless. Does Khushi trust him to this extend? He was suffocating like hell. Shashi nodded yes and left, thinking something very deeply.

After a week

RM

Hearing calling bell sound, Ratna opened the door and got dumbfounded, seeing Sheetal standing at her doorstep.