Ch 78: The Adventures We Missed

Start from the beginning

He raised his wand, "Crinus Muto." 

Morrigan looked at her hair and admired the blonde color it had changed to, the platinum shade suiting her reasonably well. "Not bad," she said with a smile. "Let's go." 

He allowed her to lead him into the town the two stopping in front of a bank. He frowned looking at her slightly confused, "What are we doing here?" 

"We need my savings, from working at the pub," she explained, "it's a six hour journey from here to Yorkshire. We'll need food, and train tickets, if we use our wands for everything it'll give us away." 

"You've thought all of this through," he observed. 

She tensed slightly, "I've been thinking of the worst case scenarios for a while now, I didn't want us to be caught short." She opened the front door of the bank and walked inside. She approached the teller and with a smile passed over her ID and banking details. "I'd like to withdraw five hundred pounds please." 

The teller eyed her suspiciously, "five hundred? We typically need extra authorization for such a withdrawal." 

Morrigan sighed dramatically, "This is so embarrassing, my boyfriend and I were on holiday and the airport lost all of our bags. We're needing to take so much out of my account because his debit card was in his suitcase. We're just looking for enough to get us our groceries and some clothes for the week." 

The teller gave into Morrigan's lie, allowing her to withdraw the amount without needing permission from the branch manager. Sirius was impressed with her silver tongue, not needing to use magic to get the woman to bend to her whim. 

As soon as they had the cash they left the branch and walked to the train station. Sirius had been to Kings Cross for the Hogwarts express, but he had never been to another muggle train station and found it extremely different. In the small town there was only two platforms, with a handful of people waiting for the next arrival. 

Morrigan had spoken to a man at the ticket booth, purchasing the necessary fare for their journey before approaching Sirius, "We'll have to figure out how to get to Remus's from York." 

"Alright, shouldn't be too difficult should it?" Sirius asked unsure of the answer. If he were perfectly honest with himself, he felt a bit out of place, needing Morrigan to be able to travel with her. She seemed so self assured compared to his tentative glances.

"Hopefully not," Morrigan said looking at the train schedule for the arrival time. 

---------------

Sirius felt himself being shaken awake. "Sirius. C'mon we're here." 

He rubbed his eyes, blinking a few times before realizing he was on the train. Following Morrigan's lead he walked off the train and out of the station. He looked around in awe of the city, making his way over the old bridge and past the boat houses that sat on each side of the river. 

Morrigan picked up on his wonder and smiled up at him, "You haven't really explored much of muggle england have you?" 

"Not at all," he breathed out, his eyes widening as he approached the York Minster, a large cathedral which stood tall amongst the old buildings of the city. 

She took his hand, pulling him along with her, "We'll stop and get something to eat. Maybe walk around a bit before we find Remus." 

He looked at the clothes they were wearing, not having changed from the night before, and compared them to the casual wear of the muggles. "Should we be looking a bit more... casual?"