Ch 73: The First Rain Before The Storm

Start from the beginning

"Never better," Ginny replied sarcastically as she blocked another incoming spell. 

Morrigan and Ginny stood side by side as they fought against the sibling, the girls proving to be fierce against the Amycus Carrow twin, who thought that it would be a simple fight. Yet he underestimated Ginny's strong will and skill, and had no idea that Morrigan Hale would show up to fight by the girls side. 

With a final jinx the Amycus Carrow was confined to a body binding jinx. Morrigan looked at the surrounding area, the haze finally clearing slightly to see the carnage that was left behind. There were bodies, one definitely dead, the other she couldn't make out. Before she could truly take in the scene though, Snape descend into the corridor, ordering the death eaters to retreat. They  followed his instructions, all of them sending off their last curses as they began to depart the castle. 

Morrigan watched as Harry pushed past everyone, his voice in a fit of rage as he chased Snape, yelling insult after insult. She shook her head running after the boy. Curses were launched at her as she followed, however she deflected them seemingly effortlessly her eyes darting across the battlefield. 

Yaxley a death eater low in the ranks blocked her path. He began the duel, launching a string of curses at her, the red and green emanating from his wand showing the dark nature of his spells. Undeterred she shot offensive spells right back, her teeth bared as she worked aggressively fighting the death eater. She did her best to keep her eye on the man she was battling as well as an eye out for anyone who could sneak up behind her. 

"Look at the little bitch, it's two against one now," Alecto Carrow said from Morrigan's side causing her to take a few steps back, trying to increase the distance between her and her assailants.  

"Oh I'm a bitch alright," Morrigan snarled, with non verbal magic she cast stunning spells at the two, then shield charms, and again an offensive spell. She worked quickly dodging the different colored lights that were being aimed towards her. 

However, as she carried on, she grew fatigued, two against one truly was an unfair fight, especially when the two were using such dark magic. Her arm ached from holding her wand so long, out of practice with using defense spells. And her head was clouded as she tried to block her thoughts so they wouldn't be able to predict her spells. She felt her body get thrown, landing harshley on her back as she groaned. 

"Go on Yaxley, kill the stupid girl," Alecto taunted viciously, noting that the grey haired girl was the one who jinxed her brother. 

Morrigan was able to deflect the first curse thrown at her. Her heart racing as she realized that she wouldn't be able to take the two on for much longer. Another came, and she just barely caught it in time. She was ready to accept her fate, that she had done all that was possible and  that she would either be tortured or dead within a few seconds. She had regrets, wondering if she should have written a letter to those she would be leaving behind. If she could have put her thoughts on a piece of paper and tell each member of the order why she loved them. How they made her life full of joy and how even in the darkest of times they brought a smile to her lips. She wished she could tell him she loves him. 

Alecto grinned sadistically raising her wand, "If you can't do it Yaxley, I guess I'll have the pleasure of killing her-" 

"Get away from her!"  

Sirius stood in front of her. His wand held up to the two. Before the death eaters could think he  cast curse after curse, Alecto and Yaxley unable to keep up. The two fled, rushing after the other death eaters who were disapperating. As soon as he was sure they were gone he turned around crouching down next to Morrigan. "Did they hit you?"