(20) Henry's Praise

Start from the beginning

"don't be ashamed, I'm really happy for you," I said and she walked out of the room blushing madly. It had now become quite late, but out of the corner of my eye, I saw a few horses galloping across the courtyard. I looked at each of the men and noticed my husband front and centre. I smiled at the window hoping he'd see me, he then looked up briefly at me and drew a small cute smile which made me giggle a little. I lay the flute down and ran out of the room at top speed so excited to feel my husband warm embrace once again. To have his warm hot lips roughly smack against mine, have his cold hand explore my body once more. his fingers to run through my hair and the multiple nicknames he calls me, that I love so dearly.

"Henry," I said standing at the top step of the entrance into the castle,

"charlotte," he said with a broad smile. I gripped onto my skirt and briskly bounced down the stone stair missing a few leaping into my husband open arms. he held me tightly as I did the same and I even shed a few tears. his hand then went from my back up to the back of my head as I had cupped his handsome face.

"I missed you" I whispered in his ear softly

"I missed you too" he replied kissing my cheek lightly, lowering me back to the ground but not loosening his grip on me.

1st October 1514

"I've missed you so much," Henry said as we entered his chamber

"Just be quiet and get on with it" I cried and he strutted up to me holding me extremely close to him.

"someone is being feisty or you just really missed my touch" he gravelly and hushedly growled. he then drew me into a sudden but passionate kiss, causing me to lose balance. he ungracefully moved us towards the bed, our lips still locked together. He broke the kiss then shoved me slightly onto the bed, with a cocky smile. I laughed slightly as he clambered on top of me as we shuffled up to the top of the bed.

"I'm so happy I left you as queen regent, while I was away and for the battle, I'm proud, so proud," he said randomly as I lay upon his chest and he kissed my forehead. I began getting a bit nervous I knew I would have to tell henry I had executed Margret Radcliffe, he'd find out one way or another. I took a silent deep breath

"henry" I started avoiding his eye contact as he looked at me intensely.

"yes my love" henry seductively whispered very slowly, as he kissed my neck down to my chest

"umm, do you remember Margaret Stafford, who married Robert Radcliffe," I said and Henry nodded slightly as he began working his way down my body.

" Margaret attacked me twice in June while you were gone, she tried to seduce me, the second time during a meeting she attacked me" I started to confess as henry stopped touching me and interrupted me.

"she did what, I will deal with this my love, right away no one messes with my wife," he said getting out of the bed but I yanked him back.

"no I already did" I started but he got out of the bed ignoring me and gesturing for me to stay silent.

"henry stop," I said then he stopped in his tracks, walked back over to me and gripped my hands.

"don't worry Charlotte, I've got this, she will be gone in days, trust me," he said letting go of my hand

"oh just let me speak" I yelled out and he turned to me, once again.

" I already dealt with it, I signed her death warrant and she was executed back in June, she is dead and so is Catherine de Foix," I said and he sunk back into the bed in utter shock. I was worried about how he would take this and it didn't seem it was going good. I was thrilled when I heard she was dead but he probably wouldn't. well that was until he drew me into a hug and grinned like a Cheshire cat

"I'm so proud of you, now that's what I call power, but I see it comes with greed," he said looking deep into my eyes.

"Catherine de Foix, what did she do now - nothing, you were just getting back at her fr calling you whore. she wasn't wrong, but you are my little whore" he said drawing me closer to him.

"round two," he said with a cheeky smile getting under the covers above me and I nodded blushing, ignoring the comment about my greed.

6th October 1513

I awoke with a ray of sunshine streaming across my face, I groaned and dragged myself over to the drape. I shut it close making the room darker and snuggled back into my bed raising the cover-up to my neck covering my face with my knotted jet black hair. I wrapped my arms around myself, closed my eyes and shed a tiny tear. I don't know why but I felt out of sorts and absolutely horrible.

later on, in the day I heard talking by my door and as the respectful and incurious Queen I am, I just had eavesdropped on the conversation.

"has she come out" I heard someone say and I quickly realised it was my husband.

"no I'm afraid not, I checked on her about an hour ago she was in a light slumber, she hasn't been her normal self lately," a sweet melodic voice said but couldn't figure out who it belonged to.

"I wonder why she hasn't left her chamber it so unlike her" the voice spoke again

"it's all my fault, I know it," Henry said. His attitude made me upset slightly, he hadn't done anything wrong I just felt rough and a little sickly.

"may I," henry asked so I quickly closed my eyes pretending I was asleep. I heard his footsteps, as he slowly strutted into the room. I then felt henry sit by my side and play with my hair for a bit. he slowly traced his wedding finger around my face bopping my nose which made me subtly smile. he leaned in so our noses were touching and I could feel his warm breath hit my face.

"I'm sorry Charles, I care for you too much and I love you deeply no matter what" he hushedly whispered. he planted a kiss on my cheek

"I love you too and you haven't done anything" I muttered opening my eyes which stared intently into his own. henry drew me into his arms but I quickly pushed him off me and pointed to the bucket by my bed. he grabbed it and I bent my head into it throwing up quite a lot as henry rubbed my back. once I was done he grabbed a rag and whipped my mouth.

"Should I call the physician?" he said but I shook my head.

"no, just get in here," I said as he hesitantly slipt into my bed, and he wrapped his arm around me cautiously. I snuggled up to his side trying to sleep, hoping the nauseous feeling would leave. I never normally get sick, but it could have just caught something. I was fine, hopefully, I would be fine, just fine.