The emotions 🥺

I was really shocked ,I couldn't do anything and I was dumb when I heard it. And I couldn't disrespect Anu maa in public like that, so I accepted and posed for the cameras. Later when everyone went for the dinner, I grabbed Amma and Appa inside the guest room.

Me: Amma, what is happening here??

Amma: Kriti! I am so happy for you!! You are going to get married to a caring husband and loving in laws family!!

       She made a happy face and got the disthi (evil eyes) off me with her hands.

Me: Amma! Stop it!! I don't love Ak and he too don't love me!! What made you guys to get us engaged!!

Appa: Kriti ma! Anu maa came to our house and  talked with us about this  a week before , and she even called Mahi ( my brother) and he and Anni was so happy about it and they too ofcourse like Ak!! So, you like him already and we all like him and his family very much and she asked us to keep it a surprise from you!!

Me: Appa! you too! I Don't love Ak!! He is my boss and just my friend beyond that!!

Amma: kriti!! You love him or not, you won't get a better family than them! And what's your problem with this??

Me: Amma... that's ....I want to get love married and I want to choose my life partner myself !! But this is like arranged marriage!! I know I still didn't find my life partner but I soon will, so give me some time!!

?????: Ok then!!

        I turned around to find Anu maa standing near the door along with Mr.Kumar!!

Me: Anu maa....

Anu maa: Kriti!! I am sorry honey!!

Me: Anu ma... Please stop!!

          I rushed and hugged her, a little drops of tears fell from my eyes and I could hear Anu maa sniffle!! And I got away from her!!

Me: Anu maa ..... It's not like I don't like Ashwin!! He is a good friend for me, but we both aren't lovers.

Anu maa: I know Kriti!! But you know that, for the past 4 years , he hasn't seen any girl!! And you both always are together,  So ofcourse we will think that you guys are lovers right!!

Kumar uncle:  Anu , see the poor girl is crying for it!! If they don't like each
other, why are you forcing them. And if your problem is getting him married, we can see another girl!

Anu maa: You won't understand it honey!! No-one in this world could understand Ashwin as she is!! And we won't get a better daughter in law than her! She is so precious!!

Me: Anu ma ...I am sorry , But...I have said right? That we don't love each other! And I want to get love married, I have always wanted that!!

Anu maa: See, you both say the same , when I talked with him he mentioned the same and now you!! Ok , I have something to declare!! I will give you both 3 months , you could both spend time together , when the 3 months get over , we will ask you both regarding your feelings to each other, if you both feel that you are just friends and not beyond that we will cancel the wedding. But if you both love each other, then it's a happy news for us, then we will arrange for the wedding. Is it ok?

   I was nervous, and I don't know what to do!! When ..

????: I am ok with it!!

    I was surprised and saw Ak there!!

Ak: Maa..I am ok with it, and if we both say that we don't love each other and is just friends even after 3 months means, you all will stop compelling us, and allow us to live our life based on our wishes!! Is it ok??