01; Prologue

I never thought that I would fell for a guy who wears torn shirts and pants, has loud music taste and plays bass in a band. I am not in the same lane as he does, I have dreams to pursue my studies and go to university and make something out of my life. I listen to music but not loud rock music like he does, and certainly all my clothes are still intact. Yeah, he's one of the boys that girls are all over for and I'm the girl that every boy would like to avoid cause I always have an opinion.

I'm just a plain girl, nothing unusual about me. I'm good company, not too shallow or shabby. I drink tea rather than coffee, I don't wear much makeup, just enough and I do not do skirts, dress maybe. But skirts, not a fan. Another thing I could say about myself is I like wearing caps, caps are my thing. I have them in different colours and different designs, my personal favourite is the black one that has Cool Story Bro written on it in white font. I could wear it front, or backwards, it just makes me feel good. Maybe it has a sense of hiding that I like, I really do not like to be a center of attention. I like to be behind the curtains and work things from there, but somehow my persona caught someone's attention.

5 years ago, at the bridge by the lake.

I was minding my own business and just reading a book I just bought. I like the evening sky, the light the sun shines, it's not bright and it's not too dark. Enough light to read my book and when the sun sets and the night sky appears, that's time to go home. But then, one day, five years ago, someone disturbed my evening peace. It was summer so, it was quite late.

"Hey, what are you reading there?", I look up and I was a bit surprised that it's Calum, holding his skateboard. "A book", I answered bluntly.

"Shay, right?", he asked and I nod my head. "Calum", he extended his hand for a handshake and I do not want to be rude so I shook his hand.

"I see you sometimes at school, even in class. You always have an opinion in literature", he said and I do not know why is he doing this, is this some kind of a joke? Did his friends put him up to this? Am I a bet? I do not want to waste any time on this game he's about to play so I voice out, my opinion.

"I think you shouldn't talk to me, I don't think I'm the type of person you usually talk to. I don't mean to offend you, but why are you here talking to me?"

He hold his jaw in awe, I guess then he smiles so wide and he's one charmer with that killer smile but I'm not gonna let that break me. "Well, if you haven't notice that I skate here every evening".

"And? What does that have to do with me?", I asked curiously cause he's not making any sense.

"And I see you everyday reading here on this bench, you don't talk to anyone. Just alone so I thought that I could say hi", he said innocently, which I doubt that his intentions was innocent.

"Hi, Calum", I said sarcastically. He bit his lip and seems like he didn't like my attitude. So he got up and skated away.

I call him back cause I wasn't raised to be a cold-hearted bitch. "Calum!".

I hold my book to my chest and run to him, "I'm sorry, I didn't want to be rude. I just don't talk to people much, you know".

He fold his arms and smirked, "I notice". I laughed and an ice-cream truck drove by and he looked at me with a huge grin on his face, "you want to get some ice-cream?"

I was putting up a wall, I do not want to be vulnerable with someone I never talked to and get ice-cream with him. "Oh, it's fine. I'm just gonna head home".

But then he motion me over as he skates over the ice-cream truck, "oh come on, Shay. It's only ice-cream".

So, we got ice-cream. I had chocolate flavour with mint sprinkles and he had just plain chocolate.

We sat down on a bench and enjoy licking our ice-creams, and we talked about how school ended and I'm really glad about it because I'm gonna go to some university and meet new people but Calum has a different plan of his own,

"I'm gonna pursue music. My band and I have been writing songs, I do not know whether you heard about that".

"The whole school knows you are the bass player of 5 Seconds of Summer, Calum", I said.

"Well, I'm planning to get my band out of this small town in Sydney", he chuckles and I replied, "you'll get there. Dreams are meant to come true right?"

I realized I sound so cliche like I just watched a Disney movie,"you know, that's what the movies always say".

He looked at me and raised an eyebrow, "so cliche, but yeah. Dreams are meant to come true".

We talked about other stuffs like music we're into and it turns out that we have different but similar tastes, and the only band we could agree on is Panic at the Disco and Fall Out Boy. They're big stars, so of course that would be a common ground. We talked about, nothing basically. Like how the lake is so big why it shouldn't be called a sea or something? We were being dumbasses about everything, and I never thought I feel comfortable towards a person after one ice-cream? Did he spike it or something?

When we were about to leave, I thanked for the ice-cream and the talk. I really hope that this is not a one time thing and it's like that he read my mind, "so, same time tomorrow?", he said standing on his skateboard.

"Sure", I smiled. If I knew what's gonna happen, I should've said no.

------------------------------------------------------------------

a/n: New fanfic, what? Calum Hood a skater, what? Icecream, what? Just leave a comment, been begging for it for ages ;)