I Will Survive(Rewrite+Sneak Peek!)Finnick Odair x M! Reader

A/N: Hi everyone! Just wanted to let you all know the Finnick Odair book is out! I'm rewriting it because I feel like I've grown as a writer and I think it could have more perspectives and better grammar and language, as well as formatting so here is the first chapter of the book! Make sure to go support the book, it is out on my profile! Love you all🖤💛

~
Y/N's POV
It was just like another normal day...however, what I'd be dreading would be what's to come the day after...

The reapings were here...

Those barbaric Capitol scum! They love to watch kids kill each other for their amusement...

Teddy squeals as he rolls the ball back to Y/N, clapping excitedly.

"Peek a boo! Where did I go?", Y/N asks in a sing songy voice...

Thats Teddy...he's...my baby, not literally my child...But after my father had died in a Tree accident...My mother fell into a depression, she had been pregnant...I did everything I could to get her happy...I had already lost my daddy, I couldn't lose this little one...

When she gave birth, I sat by her side... while Jackie had Jamie and Tess help watch the kids in the waiting room...we were all young...but when I walked outside with that sad look on my face, and the baby in my arms...they knew...they understood, they lost their momma, and gained a new brother...

That happened a year ago...My baby turned 1 year old a few days ago...it marks the day we lost our Mommy...

Axel enters the room, sighing as he says,
"Tess and Jamie are almost done feeding the cows..."

Axel had been affected most of all...I could often hear him late at night...crying, As much as I wanted to help him...he pushed me away...

"I was thinking of going on a little walk around the farm with Teddy...is that something you'd be interested in? ", Y/N asks, offering a gentle smile.

Axel looks down at his feet and says,
"N...no...it's okay...", He sighs as he walks back up.

I sigh as I watch him walk up...he used to be such a happy boy...He loved getting piggy back rides from my dad as we explored our land... we own a nice little land, raising animals to provide more materials for the Clothing Factory to produce more clothes... but we mostly grow some crops to help feed our family...

Lizzie walks down the stairs, smiling as she says,
"Did I hear something about taking a walk...?"

She always had a smile on her face...she was always a happy girl...Our parents deaths were hard on her...but she accepted what had happened...and she looked up to me and James as her parents...

"Yep! Did you want to come?", Y/N asks as he picks Ted up in his arms and Lizzie nods excitedly as she takes Y/N's hand and they all exit the house.

Their land wasn't exactly super huge, but they had a pretty big field with enough room for their livestock to grow.

Teddy giggles as he looks excitedly at the cows, cooing at them as he makes grabby hands.

The cows moo as James smiled, seeing the three approaching.