Chapter 81 - The Steam Powered Vigilante

Começar do início

"Hero...? No, no, no, no..." Said Kaito, his voice couldn't be pinpointed within the steam, it's like he moved like a ghost. "You guys aren't that lucky."

"Spread out! Find him!" The boss yelled, gesturing his orders.

"Enough playing games kid, you best come out in the open or things will get ugly for you once we catch you!" Threatened the leader.

Just as he said that, one of his soldiers was blown away, screaming into the void.

"WHAT?!" They were confused, pointing their guns and quirks around.

"This damn steam! Where is heAAAAA!" another soldier down.

The others started to get scared, moving slowly back, until the last remaining three bumped into each other within the mist. Or so they thought. When they turned back, there he was. Armed with two short brass blades coming from the top of his gauntlets.

"IT'S HIM!" they attacked.

Kaito dodged their attacks with ease, using the blades to disarm the guns from the ones armed, one of the villains used his quirk, an enhancement type to make his arms get stronger, attacking blindly as the Vigilante dodged his telegraphed attacks, knocking him out cold with a kick behind the head.

The second villain aimed his rifle, taken from a fallen police officer, pulled the trigger, but nothing happened. The gun then simply broke in half, sliced right through. Distracted, the villain took a kick to the chest, being thrown into a nearby wall.

The last villain used a pistol to fire a shot point blank to the Vigilante's head, but the helmet deflected the bullet that whistled as it went up. The villain was wide eyed, knowing it was his time to go, he tried firing again, but this time the vigilante blocked with his hand the shots, grabbing the gun, and knocking him out with an elbow strike.

The villain leader then attacked, his arm transformed into a steel hammer, Kaito dodged to the side as the hammer made a crater on the ground. "You'll pay for that!"
Blinded by rage he swings the hammer around as the vigilante has no problem dodging his attacks.

With a well placed counter attack, Kaito managed to deflect one of his attacks, knocking the villain to the ground with a kick, the villain was now at his mercy.

In the villain's eyes he was a monster, had a menacing red aura around him, an aura of death.

"This society overgrown with fake heroes..." he walked up to the villain in the ground, stepping on his chest, putting the villain against the asphalt.

"Please!" The villain raised his hands to protect himself.

"...Where the meaning of the word itself has been lost!" He aimed his quirk at the villain's face, ready to fire his brass pistol. "And villains who wave their power around idly! Should all be purged!" The villain closed his eyes in fear, flinching, accepting his demise.

"A-Are you a hero?" Kaito heard a feminine voice to his side. It was the woman he had just saved from the villains.

"Not anymore." He huffed.

"Hey, you! Hold it right there!" The police officers returned with reinforcements this time. The vigilante had no choice but to fly away, leaving the scene.

Kaito observed the streets down below from far away as the police officers took the villains away. For some reason he felt dizzy, falling on his right knee, he felt weak, like something was weighting heavily on his shoulders. His arms shaking, he was sweating cold. But why?

After taking a deep breath, he got up again, composing himself as in the horizon an explosion caught his attention, it's time to go.

~~~