Rogercop

Chloé p.o.v. -

Today was career day where one of our parents would come to our school to talk about their jobs and how they handle it

Today was career day where one of our parents would come to our school to talk about their jobs and how they handle it. I texted mom a few weeks before the career day and ask her if she can come but all I got was a no from her, I felt disappointed that she cares more about her damn self and not about me/ daughter and father, so I asked my father to come to my school instead and he agreed with a smile. He told me that he could let me show around a special bracelet that costs a lot, which I agree but I ask him that if he can explain his job to my friends even though they already know who he is.

"My day begins at 4 am every morning because the bakery opens at 7. You think that the life of a baker is easy routine making the same pastries, rolls, cakes...but is different every day. For example some one may order a cake in a shape of an Eiffel Tower and the other something else. You kids get the idea, every day is different no matter what it is." Marinette's dad explains his job to us and we clap for him as he finishes. "Marinette will come around to pass out some fresh croissants made this morning." He gestured his daughter to go ahead and pass the croissants.

"Thank you, Mr. Dupain." Ms. Bustier thanks the dad and presents the next parent in front of the class.

"Now, let's meet alya's mom. Who's head-chef at Grand Paris hotel owned by the mayor Bourgeois." She says and alya's mom comes in front ready to present. I let Sabrina look at the bracelet and touch it carefully. "It's beautiful." She says with a smile as she gets it out.

"Girls please put it away, we don't want that go into the wrong hands." We nodded as I took back the bracelet and put it back into the box. "Thanks marinette, this looks good." I said as she hands out the croissants and goes to hand out more to the students, I put the bracelet in my purse. I look up when the door was slam open and hear a familiar voice.

"So sorry I'm late! I came here in replacement of my mother!" Luka says as he puffs in exhaustion and he looks up to see me staring, I give him a shy wave and he gives one back. "Glad that you came Mr..." The teacher says as she paused waiting for him to say his name.

"I'm luka Couffaine, juleka's older brother. I'm here because my mom couldn't make it and is sick, so I'm taking her place instead." He explains to the teacher. She nods and let's him go to his sister side which she hugs him with a smile.

"Unfortunately I have no dishes to share but maybe Mr. Bourgeois would invite you all to the hotel and treat you for lunch." Alya's mom says with a smile and I nodded to my dad to ask if it was alright to me which I give him a thumbs up. That's when marinette trips on my stuff and drops some croissants into the floor, she gets up with a small smile and picks everything up.

"Next is Sabrina's father, a policeman. Officer roger." The teacher says as both Sabrina and her dad get in front and start to present. I look down to pick up my stuff that has fallen from my purse, that's when I see plagg stuck with the bracelet in his head. I shake my head and try to put the bracelet box inside my purse without my dad seeing it and hoping that they skip dad to present.