xlii. cave of curses

Începe de la început

"Yeah... How about Harry, Pops?"

"I've sent a message to Harry, and he'll be coming soon, I hope." Dumbledore then frowned at her. "Deanna, I promised that you could come with me, but it is dangerous and –"

"And I don't have to worry, Pops." Deanna cut him off and patted his good hand. "We have each other... We'll be fine."

"Thank you, love." Dumbledore swallowed the lump in his throat, smiling tearily at her. He knew his time was almost up. He knew his end was coming, and he just felt sorry he wasn't able to let his daughter grow up naturally. He felt sorry she had to go through so much. He felt sorry he wouldn't be able to walk her down the aisle when she got married. He just hoped Hermione Granger would be there for Deanna until the end.

Deanna frowned upon seeing his tears. She wiped them away gently. "Are you alright, Pops? What's wrong?"

"You've grown so well, my little phoenix." Dumbledore caressed her cheek softly, smiling weakly at her. "And remember, I'm proud of you. I'll be with you all the way. Always."

"I love you, Pops." Deanna brought him into a hug, burying her face into his chest.

"I love you too, Deanna." Dumbledore cleared his throat and smiled at Deanna. "Now, go get ready."

Deanna nodded, running up to her room while Dumbledore watched her go. He locked eyes with Fawkes and let out a sigh. "I know you'll be there with her. I'm not afraid."

After Deanna changed her clothes and wore a cloak, her eyes widened at the familiar feeling she had when meeting Voldemort. And just as she turned around, she saw Voldemort there with a smirk on his ghostly face.

"What are you doing here?" Deanna glared at him. "Haven't you gotten enough from the last time we've talked?"

"So, you're dating someone now." Voldemort commented with a scoff. "She'll die soon."

Deanna clenched her fists at his words. "Shut up! She's not like you. She's –"

"No, she's not the problem..." Voldemort's eyes flashed red. "You are."

"Your words mean nothing to me." Deanna shook her head though a seed of doubt was planted in her heart. It was her choices that would change this war. What if her choice would kill Hermione?

"Your choices... This connection between us. It will kill everyone you love and know."

Voldemort let out a cold laugh, and just as Deanna was about to defend herself, she was thrown back and she found herself lying on the cold floor, staring up at the ceiling. She felt cold due to Voldemort's words. What if Hermione, her father, her friends would die because of her?

A knock on her door made her sit up. "Love? Harry's here. Shall we go?" Dumbledore's voice came through.

"Y-Yeah, I'm ready, Pops." Deanna stood up shakily and took a deep breath, putting a smile on her face. She opened the door and grinned at her father, hoping it convinced him. Dumbledore smiled back, leading her down to where a flying Fawkes and a fuming Harry were.

"Harry." Deanna greeted pleasantly, earning a smile from the other.

"You two wish to come tonight?" Dumbledore spoke seriously. The two students nodded.