Chapter 41: Secret out

Tony's Pov:
Shit, Wanda is knocked up and I sit here with a crying Y/n. Why didn't I just believe her when she told me? I can't blame her, I yelled at her. God, she's gonna hate me and herself forever, I know my daughter, she will blame herself. I already called Wanda and Nat, partly because they would do a better job with calming her and partly because, well, it was about them.

"Y/n, why are you crying? What's wrong, honey, you can tell me." Wanda said.

"I'm so sorry Wanda. Dad found out, and- and-" Y/n said, wiping the tears away.

"Shh, it's okay. It isn't your fault, I forgive you. I was going to tell the others anyways." Wanda said while hugging her.

"But for now, stop crying. It's still my wedding and except they're of joy, I don't want to see any tears." Nat said, which made all of us laugh.

Y/n got up and wanted to walk away with them, but I called her back.

"Y/n, can you stay here for a moment, please?"

"Yeah, what's up?" she said.

"I think I need to apologise, I shouldn't have snapped at you like that. You're just growing up so fast, and I don't want to lose you."

"Dad, you're not losing me. Sure, I'm growing up and all, but I'm still sixteen, and I am not really planning on leaving you soon. I don't wanna be the reason you dry yourself out because you spend all of your tears."

That made us both laugh, and I gave her a hug.

"Wait, you're only sixteen, how did you survive this whole year? I really have to upgrade this security system, and maybe don't throw parties every week." I said while pulling away.

"Well, life is not a fairytale. You can't just wait for Prince Charming to show up and take you with him on his white horse. If you want to make it in this world, you have to fight for it and earn it. You taught me that, remember?" She said smiling.

"Damn, you are way too mature, stop it. But yes, that is what I taught you. Now, you need to go back to your man, because I think is worried sick." I said.

She walked away, and I was left there, with a smile. She was going to be okay, that is all that matters for now.

Your Pov:
Instead of going back to Peter, I just walked to my room. I was tired of the day, and I don't like others seeing me vulnerable. Everyone always says it's good to show your emotions to others, but if I would do that, it would drown them. I think I had been asleep for maybe 15 minutes, when I heard a knock on my door.

"Yeah, come in." I said, my face still in my pillow.

I didn't really want to get up, but I heard a familiar voice.

"Y/n, are you okay? Mr Stark said he got angry at you for something, but that it was alright again." There's only one person that calls my dad Mr Stark, despite all the times I tell Peter to just call him Tony.

I lifted up my head and rubbed my eyes.

"Yeah, we got into an argument, but we got even, nothing to worry about. I'm just so fricking tired, this day drained all my energy."

"Oh, I will go then, let you sleep." he said.

"Oh hell no, you're staying. I need someone to hug me, I'm craving for comfort." I said, making space for him.

Peter sighed and shook his head, but I could see that he was smiling. I'm pretty good at convincing, because he walked over.

"Fine, but only because also I am desperate for a hug."

"I'm not desperate, I'm just overwhelmed and now I need two big strong arms to keep me safe." I said nonchalant.

I had forgotten how it felt to fall asleep in someone's arms, but it was nice. It was like nothing could hurt me anymore, even though that sounds like nonsense. I mean, it's me we are talking about, I'm like a magnet for doom and everything bad. But for now, in this moment, it didn't matter anymore. I was with the person I loved. Suddenly I felt a little tapping on my shoulder, and when I turned around I saw Peter holding the ring he once got me, the one I returned to him to give to someone else.

"You lost your ring, lady." he said with a smirk, "Do you want it back?"

Instead of just saying yes, I did what I did in the very beginning, just kissing him. If that didn't answer his question, I won't know what would.