Chapter 59: Prom

Peter's Pov:
Never, and I mean never, have I been so nervous for anything in my life. The day of the prom has arrived, and I'm literally shaking in May's appartment.

"What if I say the wrong thing? What if Thanos comes? What if we die?" I rambled on while May tries to knot my tie.

"That won't happen, Peter. You two will be just alright, I know you will." She said calm, not really helping.

"You don't understand. Parties are the one thing that keep ruining everything for the both of us, well, especially Y/n, but still."

"Oh please, what could possibly happen?"

"According to both Y/n and Mr Stark's calculations there is a 76% chance Thanos pays a visit and a 70% chance either one of us won't be alive after this evening."

"Wow, that is the biggest bullshit ever. You look amazing, I bet Y/n looks fabulous and you're going to have a wonderful dance together. Now get your ass in the car, I'm driving you to the Tower."

"Thanks, May, you're the best."

The car ride makes me even more nervous than I already was, and I have barely enough strenght to ring the doorbell. Mrs Potts opens the door, she has a smile on her face.

"Hey Peter, come in. Y/n will be downstairs any minute now." She says.

As I walked into the living room, I saw Mr Stark with a camera in his hand at the bottom of the stairs. Natasha and Wanda walked down first, making me even more nervous than still was possible.

"And now for the star of the evening, besides Peter of course, ladies and gentlemen, may I present to you: Y/n Stark!" Natasha said.

A few tensed second went by before Y/n walked down in the most beautiful dress ever.

Luckily for me, I wasn't the only one who was nervous from head to toe.

"Is this too much? I feel like it is." Y/n said, smoothing out her dress from imaginary wrinkles.

I couldn't bring out a single word, overwhelmed by the beauty that stood before me.

"See, I told you it was too much." She said, looking at her two best friends.

"No, you look absolutely amazing, no doubt." I said, not able to take my eyes off of her.

"Really?"

"This may sound extremely inappropriate, but I really have the urge to kiss you right now."

"That is in fact really inappropriate." Mr Stark said, but Y/n flicked him off before kissing me, "You know what, nevermind."

"Ready to go?" I asked.

"Not really, considering the fact we might die, but yes, I'm ready to go." She said as I took her hand.

"Have fun, sweetheart." Mrs Potts said.

"But not too much fun." Mr Stark and Steve said at the same time.

Your Pov:
Even though prom was just in the gym, it was amazing. We soon saw MJ and Ned, who went together as friends, so we walked up to them.

"Damn Y/n Stark, you look good." MJ said with a smirk.

"Why thank you." I said, making a curtsy, "May I say, you look radient yourself."

"Thanks, girl. Oh, I love this song, everyone on the dance floor."

"May I have this dance, young lady?" Peter said at his most royal accent.

"Of course you may." I said, holding onto his hand.

"See, told you they were worth my money. Look at how cute they look." Ned said.

"Yeah, well, I'm just happy they're happy, and I have more cash now." MJ said.

"I can't believe we are actually at prom. Kinda feels like a dream come true." I said to Peter while dancing.

"I know, I thought this day would never come." Peter responded.

After a while, it was time for the announciation of prom queen and king.

"The title of prom king goes to... Brad Davis!" the principle said while Brad climbed on the stage, "And now the moment you've all been waiting for. With the most votes, the crown for prom queen goes to..."

"I feel really sorry for the poor girl who has to dance with Brad." MJ joked, we all laughed quiet.

"Y/n Stark!" the principle shouted ending with everyone clapping their hands.

Extremely confused yet happy yet scared I walked on stage, and got a crown placed on my head. I heard some girls yell, others cry, the rest was just happy. Brad was happy apparently, I on the other hand calculated that becoming prom queen made the percentage of getting killed rise with 7 percent.

"Great, just amazing." I thought in my head.

"And now our lovely royal couple will have their first dance."

Right, this will be very, very bad.

With a forced smile I took Brad's hand who took me to the dance floor, while my eyes wondered off to find Peter in the crowd.

"Wow, this must be meant to be, don't you think?" Brad said, being his annoying self.

"No, I don't, so if you touch me inappropriately I will kill you." I said, still faking a smile.

"Yeah, got it."

"Good, now let's just get this over with."

The slow song seemed to take it's time, because it didn't came to an end. Finally, after hours (minutes) of being forced to be around the king of humiliation, I could go and find my friends.

"Please, don't ever make me do that ever again." I said, still shaking.

"Oh no, never, because I will lose it." Peter said with a smile.

"I'm so sorry you had to look at that. Please tell me we danced bad and everyone was secretely gossiping about it."

"No, you two danced like real royalty, like very good." MJ said, being the straight forward person she is.

"Not helping! I just want to rip this crown out of my hair and crush it under my heel, because the chances only get higher and higher."

"Sorry, what chances?"

"Y/n calculated there is a 70% chance we'll be dead by the end of the evening, considering all the factors of previous parties." Peter explained, I shrugged.

"Wow, your lives are really messed up." Ned said, which made me and Peter let out a nervous laugh.

And of course, things got out of hand pretty quickly.