Chapter 29: New start

Your Pov:
I walked to the roof, and stepped to the edge. I was taking in the view, when I heard someone come. I turned around and I saw Peter, standing with a shock in his eyes.

"Nice new haircut and stuff." He said.

"Thanks. Sorry, I'll go if you want to be alone." I said, already planning on leaving.

"No, you don't have to. It's just... this place reminds me of what happened, you know. It kinda hurts, but I don't know why." Peter said, kinda sad.

I turned to the view of the city, and I heard Peter leaving already.

"It's because sometimes, words hurt more than wounds. That broken promises leave more damage than being shot, because in the end, it doesn't matter whether the pain is physical or in your head. It hurts and you need to recover, but you need to accept first that there is a problem, before you can." I said, almost tearing up again.

I turned around, meeting Peter's gaze. I saw he tried to smile, even though he was clearly hurting.

"Maybe we can be friends again? I kinda missed our conversations." He said, walking up to me.

I was afraid I would start crying, so I just hugged him. Maybe we could make a new start, leave the past behind us.

Peter's Pov:
Y/n hugged me, which was kinda nice. Of course I was still hurt, but I wanted to know the truth. For a month, I didn't want to know. But now... If I wanted a new start, I needed to, so I builded up all my courage.

"Why did you and Pietro kiss?" I could see that she was a bit shocked.

"That night, Pietro asked if he could talk to me. He took me to the roof, and from then, it all happened so fast. First the confession that he had feelings, the overwhelming emotions, and the kiss. I know you don't want to hear it, but I really didn't mean to. I already told him that I wanted to be with you, but then he kissed me and I couldn't pull away, even though I wanted to." And then she walked away.

Maybe it was too soon, maybe I would lose her again. I don't know how, but deep down I knew that a part of me still wanted us to be together.

"You can't Peter, you're still hurt. Like Y/n said, you need to recover first. Oh great, even when she hurted you, she helps you." I said to myself. I stayed on the roof for some time, but then went back inside.

Pietro's Pov:
Since our kiss, Y/n and I haven't exchanged a word, she doesn't even want to look at me. Yes, I know what I did was a bit out of line, but I couldn't help it.

And when I saw Y/n walking towards her room, I walked straight up to her .

"Hey."

"Pietro, leave me alone." She said, without any emotion in her voice or face, before she slammed the door in my face.

"Y/n, can we at least talk about it?" I said, no response, so I continued. "Come on, you can't ignore me forever."

But then the door opened, and all the sudden I was in her room, the door closed itself once again. Y/n was sitting on her bed, facing directly at me.

"What do you want, Maximoff? I don't have all day, so say what you need to say and leave after." She said without any emotion.

"Look, I know what I did was wrong, but I just-" I said, before Y/n cut me off.

"What? But what?! Why don't you understand that everytime I see Peter, or you, or even when I stand on the roof, my heart breaks again. My life was perfectly fine and complete for the fricking first time, and now- now it's ruined. I'm back to square one and I feel miserable."

"That doesn't give you an excuse to turn your heart to stone!" I yelled at her, harder than I wanted. It was true, she had been loveless towards everyone.

Your Pov:
"That doesn't give you an excuse to turn your heart to stone!" Pietro yelled at me. I scoffed and shook my head.

"I did not turn my heart to stone, I build a wall around it! Apparently it needs to be protected, because the last I used it, it shattered into a thousand pieces!" I felt so angry and sad, and my emotions flurried through my body. Pietro looked shocked at me.

"Your eyes are turning from blue to purple."

"And now you are hallucinating, because the last I checked, my eyes were grey as ashes." I said.

"Look into the mirror then, if you don't believe me." he said.

I turned to my mirror, and saw he was right. My normally grey eyes were switching between blue and red, creating a purple glow.

"Pietro, get out of my room. Come back with my dad, please, just go." I said, holding back my tears.

I felt all my energy go to my hands, knowing I couldn't hold all this power for much longer.