Chapter 68: Snapped back

After somewhat processing the loss of Natasha, it was time to snap the others back.

"I'll do it. I'm capable to hold the Stones, it's what has to be done," I said, not wanting to take no for an answer.

"No, it's gonna be me. I can survive after getting exposed by this many gamma radiation," Bruce said.

"I'm supposed to do this, why can't I?"

"Because I'm not losing my daughter today, that's why. Bruce, take the glove," Dad said, which made me turn my head.

"Dad, do I need to remind you that if my superhero being had a job description, it would say: 'is able to wield the Infiity Stones'. You're being unreasonable and irriational."

"Call me whatever you want, I'm not going to explain to the others that I let you die. Do you understand?"

I stayed silent. Why couldn't I do the one thing I was literally born for?

"I said 'do you understand?', you're supposed to answer that. I'm not going to tell the kid that his girlfriend died because he blipped away."

"Yes dad, I understand. But can I atleast make some kind of energy field around all of you? Like Bruce said, getting exposed to that much gamma radiation might kill you."

"You can do that, but nothing more."

"Got it," I said, making a shield around everyone, "Bruce, whenever you're ready."

Bruce put on the glove and you could see the power of the Stones run through his veins. Letting out a painful scream, he snapped his fingers.

"I'm sorry, I really tried to bring her back," He said, referring to Nat.

"We know, Bruce, it's good this way."

"Guys, you have to see this. Everywhere, on every planet, the population starts coming back," Carol Danvers said, flying into the room.

"One question: how far is it to Titan?"

"Uhm, with a space ship you could do it in 5 days, why?"

"Y/n, you're not going to get Peter. We have to make a plan, we're in the ENDGAME now," Steve said.

"Fine, what's the plan?"

"This is the fight of our lives, and we're gonna win. If they hurt you, hurt 'em back. If they kill you... walk it of."

He nearly finished saying it when suddenly the roof seemed to explode.

"Okay, mind my language, but what the actual fuck was that?" I asked.

"Thanos is back from the past, you made the wrong move sending me to space," Nebula said, making our heads turn.