Chapter 75: Answer

After five minutes I decided to get to the roof, seeing absolutely no one. I checked my watch, but it had been five minutes, so I wasn't early or late. Suddenly there was a little noice behind me, so I turned around to see... Mary, Tommy and Billy.

"Hey kiddos, how are you doing?" I asked, a little disappointed but not wanting to let them know.

"Great, but Spider-Man told us to give you this," Mary said, holding out an envelop.

The kids had the fun habit to call everyone by their superhero names, I was usually called Auntie Y/n.

"Wow, that's a pretty envelop. Did he say anything else when he gave it to you?"

"Nope, just to give it to you," Tommy said.

"Have a nice day!" Billy said, before pulling the other two kids back inside.

Letting out a breath I didn't know I was holding, I opened the envelop, finding a letter inside.

Dear Ms Y/n Stark,
The Avengers invite you hereby to party.
Make sure to be downstairs at eight p.m.
Sincerely, the Avengers ;)

"What the absolute heck?" I said to myself, not noticing the person standing behind me.

So when I turned around, I almost burned Peter's face off, thanks to quick reflexes.

"Jezus Christ, don't scare me like that. Wait, what are you doing- why are you going down on one knee?"

"I know what you always made very clear five years ago, you were too young to get married yet. But today, I decided to test my luck and, hopefully, I'll get the response that I've been waiting to hear these last couple of months- years, actually. Y/n, you are the most beautiful, kind, smart and funny person I've ever met. I let you go once, which was the most idiotic choice I've made in my life. Back then, I didn't realize how much you meant to me, how much trouble we had to go through to stand where we stand now. I love you with all my heart, and this ring," he opened the little red box he was holding, "isn't just a promise like the one before, it's a sign of my love for you, that will remind everyone of our life and love for each other. So, Y/n Morgan Stark, will you make me the happiest man alive by allowing me to change your last name to Parker?"

I didn't know what to say. Well, I knew what to say, but I didn't know what to say. So, instead of saying the answer we'd both been waiting for, I decided to write it. And by writing it, I meant writing it in the stars, like literally. Although it was daytime, you could see the stars in the clear sky, brightly forming YES in the air. I pointed, hoping Peter would see it.

"Why are you making me look at the sky? Wait, how are there stars, it's daytime," He said, a little confused.

"You have to look really close, the answer is in the stars."

"Oh, wait, I see something. The stars are changing their placement, it looks like they're spelling something. There's a Y, oh and an E-"

"Goddammit Peter, don't be so adorably clueless and just already see that I just wrote a big YES with literal stars."

"Now you mention it- WAIT WHAT!?"

"Yes, I'll officially marry you, Peter Parke-"

Before I could even finish talking, lips were already smashed onto mine, which I didn't mind.