Chapter 31: Surprise

Steve's Pov:
I was planning a karaoke night, since it was both Friday and a very special day, to which I will come back later. When everything was set, I could finally rest. After an hour, the girls came back from their shopping trip.

"Mom, Dad, Steve, other people, we're home!" I heard Y/n yell from downstairs.

They got in the upstairs living room, each with multiple bags.

"How did you buy all that?" I asked shocked.

"I'm the daughter of a genius billionare playboy philanthropist, I know my way around shopping." Y/n said, which made sense.

"Hey honey, why all these decorations and stuff?" Nat asked while kissing me on the cheek.

"It's Friday, party night. Well, karaoke night, but kinda the same thing." I explained.

"Excellent idea, definitely because the last say three parties ended well. Did you forget?"

Of course I didn't forget that, so I turned to Y/n.

"If you aren't in the mood for a party, I totally understand. Sorry, I didn't think of you, Y/n."

"What, are you kidding me? One does simply not host a karaoke night without me attending it, I'm coming. I will just say nothing to anyone and won't leave the room. Nothing can go wrong." She said.

At that moment, Pepper walked in, and when she saw the shopping bags, she wasn't very pleased.

"Y/n Morgan Stark, did you just went shopping?" she said in an angry tone.

"Sorry, Pep, I told her. She was emotional and I thought it would be a good distraction." Tony said, defending them both.

"And you didn't think to invite me? I am very dissapointed." She responded with a fake accent.

That's when Nat and Wanda gave her a bag, which contained a set of earrings.

"For this time, I'll just leave it be." she came to the conclusion.

Your Pov:
After some solo karaokes, Steve suggested to do some duets. And the hopeless romantic that he is, he turned on Taylor Swift's Love Story and grabbed the mic.

"Natasha Romanoff, would you like to sing this song with me?"

"Well, yes of course, my dear." Nat said in the most fake accent she ever performed.

It was really good, but no one saw the end coming. Nat was singing her part, totally getting into the song, so she turned away from Steve to add a little drama.

"Romeo, save me. I've been feeling so alone.
I keep waiting for you, but you better come.
Is this in my head ? I don't know what to think.
He knelt to the ground and pulled out a ring and said-"

And Steve Rogers took that lyrics very serious. When Nat turned around, he had grabbed a little box, and was kneeling on one knee. After Natasha did her part, expecting Steve to continue the song, she turned around and the music stopped. Everyone was shocked, so was Nat.

Steve grabbed his microphone and tears were forming in his eyes.

"From the first day I saw you, I knew that I loved you. And now, after all these years, I can finally call you my girlfriend. But deep down I know that you're not just my girlfriend, but my soulmate. Nat, you make me the happiest man in the world everyday. So, Natasha Alianovna Romanoff, would you take the honours of marrying me and becoming my wife?"

It went silent, no one said a word. Nat had placed a hand in front of her mouth, speechless because of what happened.

"Yes. Yes, yes, yes! I would love to!" she said as tears rolled down her face, while she was smiling.

Steve placed the ring on her finger, which fitted perfectly. Together with Wanda, I ran to Natasha and gave her a big hug.

"OH MY GOD!!! I m so happy for you guys!" I said.

"We have to celebrate with some drinks! IEIEIEIE." Wanda said, ending in endless squealing.

"Oh my god, I can't believe you actually proposed to that bitch." We heard someone say, who was standing in the door opening.