Chapter 21: Getting closer

Pietro's Pov:
When we all heard that Y/n was sick, Mr Stark (I wasn't sure if I could call him Tony already) made a schedule, so we could all check up on her. I thought it was kinda dumb, but I learned one thing pretty quick: You have 2 choices. The first one is life and the second one is saying that Tony Stark's idea was kinda dumb. So when it was my turn to check on Y/n, I knocked on her door.

"Door's open, come in." I heard coming from her room.

So I opened the door and saw Y/n reading in bed. I wasn't sure what I had to say, so I just stood in the door opening.

"Are you actually going to say something or are you just going to stand there?" Y/n said without even looking up from her book, but I could notice she smiled.

"Well, I was going to check if you were doing okay, but I sense that you are doing just fine."

"You know, for a guy who has superspeed powers, you are pretty slow with noticing things. Kinda ironic, if you ask me." she said, still not looking up from her book.

"Great, now I'm boring. Good job, Pietro." I thought in my head.

"You're not boring, you just don't know what to say because you aren't used to having to deal with so many people. I totally get it, it took some getting used to it for me too. I already knew everyone's name because of Dad and the others, it was mostly the company for me. I used to be alone in my room every day, but know I always have someone to talk to." Y/n said, finally looking at me.

Your Pov:
Did I just tell him like my whole life story? Exactly my point. Once I start talking, I almost never stop.

"Well, I guess you're right. I only used to have Wanda for my whole life, and then I was alone in that heaven place for three years, where time stood still. By the way, what were you reading when I came in? You seemed really into it." Pietro asked.

"Oh, just a theory, explaining why things are the way they are now, but it's full of bullshit. Because if you think about it logically, you would get to a whole other point of perspective, which would make a lot more sense. Of course, every decision you make creates the person you are nowadays, but they forget how our decisions also have impact on the rest of the world. So basically the writer's really small minded, because even writing or thinking about it that way, changed his whole life, but also everyone elses like mine and yours. And now that I see the questioning look on your face, is my cue to stop talking and let your process what you've just heard." I rambled for atleast 5 minutes.

I don't know why, but I could tell that he had actually been listening. Maybe it's because of the whole telepathic power thing, but I sort of... connected with him.

After a very awkward silence, Pietro started talking.

"Okay, that is a lot of information to process, but I sort of understood what you were saying. This may sound like I'm some possessed psychopath-"

"Sociopath, not psychopath."

"As I was saying, this may sound like I'm some possessed sociopath, but it's actually really nice and fun to talk to you."

"That's because we've been through the same things. We were both alone for a long time, we understand each other. That's why I also feel so connected to Natasha, Wanda and even Peter. They too were alone and had no family. Of course Wanda had you, but she didn't really had friends. Peter lost his parents and his uncle, which is so tragic. And then you have Natasha, who was trained to become an assassinating Russian spy, without a family and they didn't find or start a new one until they joined the Avengers. And now I realise that I again talk way to much, I'm very sorry about that."

"Oh no, it's fine. As I said, it's nice talking to you, even if you are the one who does the talking. It's actually really peaceful to listen to you, you speak with passion in your voice. That's a good quality." Pietro said, and I could sense that I was blushing.

To be very clear, how nice, heartwarming, thoughtful and passionate his words were, I'm not falling for him, right?