Chapter 56: Nightmare

Your Pov:
The rest of the day wasn't very special, nothing weird happened. Well, that's not completely true, because Wanda and Vision announced that they're gonna raise the baby together, but that was already sort of expected given the fact they spend most of their time together.

In the evening I started to get a bit tired, but not exhausted, so I sat on the roof for an hour or two. It's a good spot if you want to get your head clear or review the day you had. The only noises you hear are the wind going through the trees, vague car noises on the road and chilping birds.

I was cut out of my thoughts when suddenly someone tapped on my shoulder.

"Do you wanna talk?" I heard a man with a strong accent say, one I knew.

"Oh, hi Pietro. Uhm, I don't know, depends if it ends in a kiss or not." I said, not over the traumatic events that happened on Christmas.

"No kiss, I promise, just talking."

"Well, okay then. What did you want to talk about?" I said, so he sat next to me.

"First of all, I want to apologize to you again. It was very wrong and I overstepped, there's no excuse for that. Second, I wondered if we could be friends again."

"Thank you for the apology, that's kind. And about the friends thing, I don't mind but have you already sorted out your feelings towards me?"

"I guess a part of me will always love you, but mostly in a friend like way. I promise I won't make a move on you anymore, since that didn't work out exactly good."

"I have to admit, I did miss our pranks and talks together."

"Me too, so are we good?"

"Yeah, we're good." I said, hugging him and then going back inside.

At this time I was actually tired enough to go to bed, but first I walked downstairs so the other knew I was heading to bed.

"Guys, I'm going to bed because I'm extremely tired of today, so you don't need to worry or think I got kidnapped again." I said, while yawning.

"Goodnight, sweetheart. Call when you need something." Dad said.

"Will do, bye guys."

I walked upstairs and changed into something a bit more comfortable. No kidnappers? Check. No drunk men on my bed? Check. No nightmares? Yet to be determined. Not really wanting to think anymore, I let myself fall on the bed which soon made me fall asleep.

Peter's Pov:
Not long after Y/n went to bed, I started to get tired too. I had been asleep for maybe an hour when the nightmares begun.

I was on a red planet along with Dr Strange, Mr Stark and Y/n, fighting Thanos. He wanted to kill me with some sort of weapon, I couldn't see what, but Y/n pushed me away and took the damage.

I screamed myself awake, and felt the urge to check if it really was just a dream, so I walked over to Y/n's room and went inside. To my relief I saw her sleeping, something you couldn't say about me. I think the noise of the door opening woke her up, because she saw me.

"Peter, what are you doing here? It's 2 am, too early to get up." she said, rubbing her eyes.

"Sorry that I woke you up, I just needed to check if you were alright." I said, turning around to leave.

"The fact that you needed to check if I was alright says that something is wrong, so come here and tell me about your nightmare."

"How did you know I had a nightmare? Please tell me you didn't read my mind."

"I didn't read your mind, I'm too tired, but I'm an expert on that area. I know the faces, the fears."

"I call that freaky psychology magic, but you're right." I said, sitting next to her.

"So, what was your dream about?"

"We were fighting Thanos and he wanted to shoot at me, but then y- someone jumped in front of me. I couldn't see who, but they died."

"It was me, wasn't it?"

I looked down, hoping she wouldn't see the tears. Y/n gave me a hug and put her head on my shoulder.

"So it was me, that doesn't say anything. You're just scared something bad will happen, but it won't." she said, comforting me.

"But what if it will? I'm just so scared I might lose you forever someday, and that I can't do anything about it. Can you promise me you won't sacrafice yourself to protect the others, please?"

"I can't promise anything, but I don't have to make such a choice. We will defeat him, together. That is a promise I can keep, if it costs me my life, so be it."

"No, don't say that. I can't lose you again, I can't."

"You won't lose me, Peter. I promise, okay?"

"Okay. Can I stay with you for tonight? I don't really want to be alone now."

"Of course you can."

And so we fell asleep in each other's arms, which really helped relax. I just really hope the dream won't come true, I'm looking at you, author of the universe.