32

Ben

Patrick and George met us up at the creek with the kids. It was a gorgeous day but as we walked we couldn't help but just look at each other, squeeze each other's hands, wrap my arm around her waist. The mere possibility that she could be pregnant had me practically speechless.

I continued returning her some reassuring smiles and playful nudges. Her hair was perfectly curled as her natural waves were in full motion. The sun had made her skin slightly more golden since being here, so I could see some freckles poking out across her face. She wore a loose beach dress that came just above her knee, as the colours of her bikini top shone brightly underneath.

"What are you looking at..." she giggled as she looked up at me shyly through her eyelashes.

"you look beautiful. you always do but you just look especially beautiful right now." I said giving her hand a squeeze.

I looked back briefly as she came in close, holding my arm. Mum was looking right at me with a little smile as she raised her eyebrow at me. She has been so much happier since Clo came here, knowing that I am happy and in love. It makes her happy seeing it.

I chuckled and rolled my eyes as I turned back around. Patrick's voice up ahead pierced the air. "Took you long enough! Now come on, let's get this barbecue started, I'm starving!"

*

We were all sitting and lying down on blankets by the waters edge with some drinks while the food was cooking. The kids ran around us, coming in and out of the water every so often. "Guys please stay in the shallow part until we come in ok?" Elizabeth called out. "Pat will you go in with them please they are getting restless" Pat sighed as Clo let out a laugh at him throwing his head back. He begrudgingly got up and ran over to the water, giving her a short kiss before he left.

I turned to Clo who looked like she was getting a bit warm in her layers. Elizabeth and Casey were sitting in their swimsuits with some shorts. I could tell she was yet again too shy to act.

I leaned over, quietly "You know, you can take that off... You look a bit warm" She shrugged it off "No im fine, honestly." I raised my eyebrow at her "Well it's coming off anyway, you won't be getting heat stroke on my watch." I reached over and started pulling the beach dress over her head as she raised her arms for me.

Underneath was a beautiful Aztec print bikini top, accentuating her gorgeous figure. She brought her arms to cover her waist as she shyly hunched over. I ran my hand over her back "You don't have to be like that, it's just family...ok?" she nodded back to me with a small closed-mouth smile.

To make her feel better, I pulled my t-shirt off so we were at least even. She caught my eye and brightened up a bit at my effort. "How about a swim then?" Her eyes darted from my chest to my eyes in panic.

"Uhh, you can... I'm fine here"

"It will make you feel better, I promise..."

"Oh no really, I-"

I got up and pulled her to her feet. She was still nervous from what she saw on the TV earlier and i had to change her mood back to my happy clo somehow.