22- a ripple in the water

"Talk" I took a step back feeling threatened. "I D-Don't know what you're talking ab" he cut me off suddenly raising his voice.

"Stop with the bullshit! She was alone with you in the bathroom and I know she told you something!"

"Like what? I-I don't understand what I'm supposed to say?" I could feel myself getting teary under the pressure.

He snapped out of nowhere and marched over to me and pushed me against the wall. His forearm was over my upper chest, pinning me down, and his free hand was flat against my stomach anchoring me to the wall.

My hands came up to grip his forearm, alleviating some of the pressure. "Ben you're hurting me!"

"Just tell me what she said ok?" His nose brushed against mine, closing all boundaries and dominating me.

"She just said something about how I don't know you all well enough... I don't know probably jealous of the attention I was getting today I'm not sure ok?"

His grip tightened as he Gritted his teeth "you are lying to me. Tell me the truth" his hand came up and wrapped around my neck roughly, causing me slight pain.

I was crying a bit now, letting out a few panicked sobs as I gasped for air. "Ben please I'm not sure I can't even remember..."

"Well think harder" he gripped me tighter.

I fully panicked now. His crystal blue eyes burned into me Intensely. "I don't know, she said something about I have no idea what's going on here... how she wishes she knew who I was sooner? Ben, I didn't understand anything she told me I was hardly listening I-"

He released my throat from his grip and stood back. I breathed heavily, looking back at him more cautiously now.

"Do you promise that's all?" He pointed at me

"Yes, what's wrong? What have I done..."

He instantly came over to me, wrapping his arms around me as I cried into his chest. "Shh you've done nothing wrong, I'm sorry I had to be so rough... I just had to make sure" I pushed on his chest in annoyance at his harsh reaction to his sudden concern for me. "don't touch me right now, please..." I put my whole weight into pushing him away but to no avail, he stood strong in his place, so I pushed past him to get some space.

"Is there something you haven't told me?" I said flustered as he followed me and I took a startled step back from him.

He pulled away and I pulled my hair back, disheveled from his advance on me. "Just That you were Rob's daughter... that's all. I don't think she knows that you know."

"Then why this reaction? If I already know?"

"Don't worry... it doesn't concern you, really."

I sniffled and wiped my wet cheeks of my tears. "Forgive me... I just lost my temper a bit."

I looked up at him as he waited for my answer, a genuine look across his face knowing he had upset me which physically hurt him to see. "I'm sorry... I didn't want to upset you...I just acted hastily" he pulled me in tightly cooing in my ear and reassuring me.

It was met with slight unease as I was tense at his touch "You haven't done anything wrong, my love" I finally wrapped my arms around him at those final words my hands quivering at his waist and relaxing as I gripped his strong shoulders. "Forgive me ok?"

"Ok...I'm sorry" we stood embracing each other for a minute or 2. Just swaying as his hands traveled up and down me. I felt better, but now the sense of danger had come back... these past few days I had somehow blocked it out and forgotten.

My eyes open, blurry vision from tears...in his embrace. I felt the danger aspect come back. I remembered the nature of how I came to be here. What am I missing? There is something I haven't been told... and he is adamant that I can't know...