28

"what does he mean?" I said quietly to Ben as he clenched his jaw.

" Oh just that you are a member of the family, that's all. As Rob's daughter, you are very much automatically apart of our family." Patrick spoke up.

I nodded at His explanation but looked to Matt again as I was met with a confused look on his face which was quickly replaced with one of panic. He cleared his throat "oh yea of course." His eyes flickering between Patrick and Ben.

Ben looked at me and saw the goosebumps on my shoulders. He stood up and took his jacket off and placed it around me rubbing my shoulders. "Oh, thank you... just caught a breeze all of a sudden" Ben sat down beside me again as he stroked my knee exposed through the slit of my dress.

Matt spoke again amusingly "Bet you're having a great time with Ben huh?"

There was a silence amongst the group.

"Ummm, yeah. It's been a great few months." I laughed awkwardly.

"Hope you don't mind Ben's temper...He's a grouchy one from time to time."

Ben stared at him amused, pulling a fake smile. "Oh, I don't know about that, we have been in good spirits haven't we?" I smiled at him and nodded "yeah it's been amazing coming here."

"Then what's that red scar on your face? Bad fall... childhood accident" He was referring to the gash that used to be on my cheek from when I first got here. When Ben had hit me. It was just a faded red line now but was still visible. I had no words, I looked at Ben and he was livid.

"Noticed a few scars on your back earlier too... looks like someone didn't listen."

With that, Ben jumped up and grabbed Matt by his collar, his drink spilling on the floor. Everyone stopped and watched. Ben's jaw was clenched so hard and his breathing was low and threatening. "How about you go home Matt... you've had a lot to drink and I'm not sure you are welcome anymore." His knuckles were going white from the tight grip he had around Matt.

"Ben... Ben let's just sit down ok?" I stood up placing my hand on his stomach. His breathing heavy.

"How'd you do it?" Matt gestured to me while staring back at Ben.

"Look how good she is around you... I'd half expect you met under normal circumstances... Look how forgiving she is, how dependant she is on you." Ben tightened his grip.

"what's your point."

"she's exactly like Clara. Same eyes, same hair, she's like what Clara would look like if she wasn't so sick all the time. But I suspect you like this one just a bit more... Who wouldn't with tits like that."

Ben erupted and punched him in the face, warranting a gasp from everyone. "BEN!" I shouted as I tried to approach him and pull him away. But I was pulled back by Connor as his arm was across my upper chest gripping my shoulder, pulling me against him as I squirmed, restraining me from doing anything. "Let me go!" I whined. "No way, you're gonna get hurt in the middle of that." he asserted. "PAT! Sort this out now!" He bellowed.

I stopped struggling as I had to just watch them roll around hurting each other. Patrick and George pulled them apart as Matt was pulled from the room. "You stay here" Connor looked me in the eye, pointing at me.

He left the room along with Patrick, George, and Ben as well as David, Connors's brother. Elizabeth came to my side "are you alright? I'm sure Ben is fine just ignore Matt I have no idea what that was about" I shook her off "no just stay here Clo, please." I pulled myself away and ran after them.

David and Connor were standing in the hallway by the door while I could hear shouting out the front. I could faintly see Ben standing in front of Matt.