9- proper introductions

He stifled through his bag, laying down various creams and bandaging on the table beside us. I was looking at the back door. It has a key pad to unlock it. And I'm sure all the other ways out are the same.

"Loosen your towel a bit so I can treat some of these wounds on your back" it wasn't a question so much as an order. But I chose to comply, shutting down my stubbornness. I loosened it so that my whole back down to my hips was visible for him while I desperately clutched to the towel keeping my chest covered as much as possible. I felt his breathing change. A sudden sharp breath after a long pause, as if he had zoned out, making me feel uneasy like he was a predatory animal stalking me.

The bruising all down my back was quite significant and he applied cream to them, making small circles with his fingers, kneading my shoulders making me relax slightly. "I hope you won't try anything like that again. I don't want to do this, it gives me no satisfaction to have to punish you. But hopefully you've learnt from it." I almost turned around to argue but quickly reminded myself who I was dealing with. "I-I'm sorry a-about what happened... I just... I panicked. I wasn't thinking. It won't happen again." I stumbled through the sentence with the shakiest voice I've ever heard from myself.

He moved further down my back to the bruising on my waist. I became even more nervous when he applied cream to that area as he basically had to hold my waist with this whole hand, creeping into my stomach area. "That should do it, I'll need to apply this every morning to make sure it all clears up. Turn around for me so I can see those cuts on your face" I went to pull my towel up and his hand quickly came the towel pulling it down and taking me by surprise. "No don't, the cream needs to dry for a minute."

I turn around as nimbly as possible. Mindful that my towel was just hanging off of me. I sit back down in facing him and notice his eyes look sad, guilty even. I give a confused twitch of my brow and quickly look back down. I managed to string together the words after a deep breath. "Is something wrong? You look sad..." I give him a quick flash of my eyes and reverted straight back to looking down again. "I don't like to see all of this damage done. So yes it makes me sad, sad that you pushed me to such measures." I screamed internally at that. He did this to me! I'm glad he feels something but to turn it around and blame it solely on me?

He placed a cotton wool ball on the cut across my cheek and it instantly let off a sharp burning sensation. I winced and found myself grabbing his hand, compared to me he had huge hands, for some reason that was what I picked up on. He brought his other hand up and took mine in his, reassuring me and giving me a gentle caress as he settled our hands onto my lap. He chuckled "yea it's gonna hurt like a bitch initially but you'll get over it"

Him holding my hand wasn't even a problem anymore, I was more concerned about the stinging and disinfecting going on as I squeezed his hand at every burn. "Ok all done" he said as he noticed a wetness in my eyes. He gently took my face in his large hands and wiped under my eyes with his thumbs, taking away any sign of my upset. He gave me a sympathetic look, I could tell I wasn't brought here to be a punching bag, he seemed to genuinely care for me giving me all of this treatment.

"How about breakfast? Do you like pancakes? Or would you prefer something like an omelet?" I just stared at him, I've barely eaten in 3 days and now I'm getting to decide what I get for breakfast? "Hm?" He pressed. "Uhh, p-pancakes. Please..."
I answered nervously not knowing whether it was a joke or not. To my relief he got up and made his way to the kitchen getting out bowls and various ingredients. "Oh yea, you can get dressed into these" he handed me a pile from the table consisting of a burgundy mini skirt, black tights, a warm looking sweater and some fluffy socks.

I returned from my room wearing the clothes, they fit perfectly and were exactly the style I admire. It brightened me up slightly. The smell of pancakes filled my nostrils and I tentatively made my way to the counter, taking a seat on a bar stool watching him in action.

He looked like a natural, flipping pancakes in mid air. A moment later he turned around and plated his creations up. I sat very tucked inwards, my hands hidden in my sleeves. "You look lovely, I knew that colour would suit your eyes well." I gave him a small smile which he seemed to like.

We ate our breakfast together. Whipped cream, berries, oozy butter. It was heaven, and I think I had about 5 pancakes in total being so starved. He laughed and I perked my head up to meet his gaze of admiration as he reached out, held my chin with his index finger tucked lightly underneath, and wiped my top lip slowly removing some cream stuck upon it. Next moment he was sucking the cream off of his thumb as if this was a normal occurrence, like we are as comfortable with each other as a couple would be. I couldn't help but Just gaze at him, and he did the same.

After a minute I nervously touched my lips and dropped my head to my plate distracting myself from what just happened.
"Let's clean up shall we" he got up and handed me a cloth to dry dishes with as we cleaned the kitchen spotless. Are we going to discuss the nature of my being here? Will he explain what's going on or is he going to continue this act of 'everything is fine' for as long as possible.

I take a long deep breath.

"Ben... why am I here? Please, I need to know. I just want to know."