24

I'm walking along the beach with mum and dad, my brother doing cartwheels as the dog barks manically at him. "Domnhall! Stop crackin' the dog up!" My mum shouted. "Nah that mutt needs to wise up." My dad replied.

The sun was so warm, the feel of the warm sand on my bare feet was heaven. Dad was walking behind me and came up beside me moving the hair out of my face from the sea breeze. I smiled widely at him as he put his arm round my shoulders. We were always like two peas in a pod. Mum and Domnhall were identical, their beach blonde hair and brown eyes. Domnhall is fron mums first relationship so doesn't take after dad for obvious reasons.

But me and dad, we shared that same dark brown hair, those crystal blue eyes. We look exactly the same.

"You ok bud?" He looked down at me

"Yea... why " I laughed, confused at his question

"You haven't been yourself lately"

I furrowed my brow "what do you mean?"

He stood back as we stopped to look at each other. I've missed his face, our talks.

"You want to hang onto something good and you are blocking out the bad..."

I didn't know how to answer. He took my hands. I stared at him as the rest of the beach seemed to stop. The sound of waves replaced with a high pitched ringing with whooshing in the background. I felt uneasy all of a sudden.

"Clodagh... I know you miss me, you want me back... but don't misplace me in someone else. I'm gone..."

I stood there, my bottom lip starting to tremble. He pulled me in for a hug. It made sense, a part of me saw my dad in Ben, he reminded me of him and I chose to take advantage of it.

" He can't be so easily rewritten, not even with your mental strength. You can't erase the bad memories away, no amount of rewriting can hide the darker side of this. It will catch up to you in the end."

"What?"

"They aren't what you think... you don't know who they really are..." I felt myself get angry at these claims.

"You aren't who I thought you were..." I questioned back. "I thought I knew you but I don't think I do. Maybe you are the one I should be worried about"

"The dead are of no concern to you, I'm gone now. It's the living you have to focus on ... HE is what you need to worry about." He paused.

"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" That is my favorite harry potter quote, he remembered. "wake up Clo... this fantasy you've created around you is going to destroy you. Get out now."

I lifted my head to look at him. Dads slimmer figure suddenly changed. He was taller, wider, more sculpted. The sky was dull, no more sunshine. The waves lapped furiously as the air was freezing. My body stiffening as I shivered.

Bens face stared down at me, tenderly at first, his hand cupping my cheek. "Ben? What are you doing here..." he didn't answer. Then his eyes turned more intense, his crystal-like eyes turning fiery. Piercing right through me.

His lip curled into a sort of snarl and his hand shot up to the back of my head, taking a handful of my hair pulling my head back as I cried out in pain. A falling sensation hit me as he pushed me down and I was knocked awake instantly. I shot up sitting upright breathing manically.

I clutched the sheets over me as we lay in bed naked. Ben woke up suddenly to my panicked breathing. "Hey... what's wrong? Shhh it's ok" he sat up rubbing my exposed back. My hair was hanging down over my face so he got up and picked a hair tie up from the dresser and came back over to my side and pulled my hair back into a low bun.