60 | It Was Never Meant To Be

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Your Pov

Back To The Present in case y'all forgot that the last few chapters was a flashback

I sat down on one of the tree trunks thinking if we should let Eren live. It's best if I refrain from choosing any selfish choices but I can't. I said before that I would choose to kill Eren since it was the only way to stop everything. However, it's not that easy. He helped me with everything. Even if he killed so much innocent people, that didn't change my love for him. 

Mikasa and Armin sat next to me. They're probably going to talk to me about Eren.

"Y/N, are you sure about your plan? Decapitating him?" Mikasa asked as she sipped her tea.

"Yeah... However, I'm having second thoughts about all of these. My plan seems perfect but I don't really want it to happen. There must be a way for us to kill that Hallucigenia without killing Eren. Or at least, breaking that stupid 13 year curse or maybe cleanse the Titans in a way so they could turn into humans." I croaked

"Y/N... You have to make the choice right now." Armin began. "It's either we kill Eren or we all die. I want him to live as well but the decision is yours Y/N."

It's a do or die situation. I felt everyone look over to our direction. I'll just have to say whatever's on my mind right now. Freedom with Eren.

"I... I'll choose Freedom."

"Y/N... You have to elaborate" Armin sighed

"I said what I said! I'll find a way to let Eren live."

I didn't let Armin say a word since I left that tree trunk. I walked over to the outer part of the forest. It was still filled with trees but the outside of the forest was visible. 

Soon, darkness overtook me and I've decided to just sleep in the cold.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Wait, am I in the paths once again? Why am I here? There seemed to be no one around but I still felt people staring at me.

As I turned around, I saw Eren. My first instinct was to hug him since I missed him a lot. I didn't get to say goodbye. He leaned into my ear and said, "Y/N... There was once a saying from a book I read when I was caressing your hair last time... It was a saying from a traitor, Y/N. It was never meant to be"

No... Don't say that... Don't say it as if you're actually going to die, Eren.

"Eren... Please don't say that. You're going to live. I promise that. I'll help everyone get freedom" I tried smiling at him.

"No. I don't deserve everything."

He suddenly gave me his ring. Are we... Divorcing?!

"You deserve better, Y/N. Go look for someone who can make you happy" 

He tried to go away and walk towards that huge coordinate ahead of us but I stopped him.

"Eren... I wanted to tell you this but yesterday, Historia helped me find out if I was pregnant or not. I actually was, Eren. Do you not want to see your child grow up?!" I felt tears stream down my eyes. That's the only way we can save Eren, right?

"I'm sorry Y/N. But you need to wake up"

"Eren... no..."

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

"Eren... no..."

"Y/N, it's me. Mikasa"

I opened my eyes to see the black haired girl. She was looking at me concerned.

"Oh, sorry I just dreamt of seeing Eren in the paths--"

I looked at my palms and saw Eren's ring. He really did just push me away even after I told him we were having a child.

"I feel like I need to tell this to you."

Mikasa sat down beside me, making the sunshine hit my face. She began, "I've been enduring all of this pain for around 100 years now. And on those 100 years, we've been stuck in a timeloop. This is my first time saying this to you to be honest. Hearing Eren say the same hurtful things to me hurts really bad. And knowing what will happen next breaks my heart. However, something changed. You were now being sent through the paths and even talking to the Founder. You even found out the plan we always used for the past 100 years. I'm positive that we're going to stop this timeloop" She smiled

I was shocked and sad. All of these were happening for 100 years straight. That's just cruel.

"Alright. We'll be decapitating Eren" I smiled at her

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Author's Note

I've decided to stay up and finish this book already.

But anyways, y'all get the reference? 👀