27 | Give Up On Your Dreams And Die

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

3rd Person's Pov

"Yell at him, Eren! Don't let Bertholdt get any closer to the wall!" As Jean commanded Eren to do that, he roared really loud, catching Bertholdt's attention. He stopped for a second but he proceeded to walk towards the wall.

"What?! That bastard's ignoring us?!" Jean gasped

"Hey! What now, Jean?! At this rate..."

"I know that! Eren! Go stop his lanky legs!" 

Eren was now running towards the Colossal Titan at full speed. 

"But still! How the hell are we gonna defeat him?!" Connie questioned.

"His gusts of hot steam make our ODM gear useless! Right?!" 

"You don't think I know that?! But right now, we've got no choice but to try! We've gotta figure out his weakness!" Jean shouted

Mikasa announced, "I'll do it. You guys distract him. Conny, your Thunder Spear."

"R-Right!"

"Armin, we need you to observe from afar. So quit your moping. We gotta believe there's a way to beat him!"

As they got really close, Jean ordered, "Now! Scatter!"

The rest of the scouts got off Eren's shoulder using their ODM gears. 

"H-He's shoving him!" Sasha yelled

"Go, Eren! Knock him over!" Connie shouted

Eren was succeeding a bit but The Colossal Titan raised it's foot and and it threw Eren on top of the wall.

 "Eren!" Both Y/N and Mikasa yelled

After a few seconds of observing wether or not he's moving, Mikasa spoke up. "Eren's not moving..."

"He's not dead! Focus on the monster on the monster at hand! That might have been pushing it too far... If we run at him without a plan, that's what happens. Unless... Unless we can somehow turn the tables on him, this recovery operation, all of our lives, and the future of humanity will be doomed Having said that, I'm not about to sit around while we all get slaughtered! Let's go on the attack!" 

As Jean said that, everyone used their ODM gear to fly right in front of Bertholdt.

"He doesn't know about the Thunder Spears yet! Conny, Sasha, Y/N and I will distract him! Mikasa will strike in the opening!"

"Roger!" They all yelled

"Hey, moron! I'll poke out your stupid eyes!"

"You huge idiot!"

"You massive pervert lord!"

"You fucking sausage!"

The four idiots took turns distracting Bertholdt. However, Bertholdt wasn't dumb. He knew that Mikasa was behind him so before Mikasa could activate the Thunder Spear, he blew out steam. The Thunder Spears Mikasa was about to activate flew out of the Colossal Titan and exploded behind Mikasa. The hooks of their ODM gear basically got removed from The Colossal Titan's skin, making them fall down to nearby rooftops.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the walls, The Beast Titan was still throwing small bits of rocks towards the remaining scouts. The houses protecting them could barely hold on any longer. They were getting destroyed one by one. 

It was so intense that you could even see the color of the blood in the air.

Levi began,"The Beast Titan has a good guess where we're at. This place will look like a honeycomb soon. Erwin. If you're saying we've got no chance to counterattack, let's get ready to flee. Wake Eren sprawled out up there. Ride him and flee with as many people as possible. At least we'll have some survivors."

Floch was being a pussy and the other recruits were listening to what he was saying.

"What if whoever's left of the recruits and Hange's group scatter on horses... and try to make it home? By using them as decoy, you guys could escape on Eren." Levi added

"Levi. What would you do?" Erwin asked

"I'm facing the Beast Titan. I'll draw him away--"

Erwin cut him off. "Impossible. You won't even get close."

"Probably not. But if you and Eren return home alive, there's still hope. Isn't that the best we can ask for at this point? What a huge defeat... To be perfectly honest, I doubt a single one of us is making it back alive." Levi said

"Yes, assuming we had no way to counterattack."

"Is there a way?" Levi asked

"Yes." Erwin answered

"Why didn't you say that sooner? Why'd you keep your shitty mouth shut?" Levi questioned

"If the plan goes well, you may be able to take down the Beast Titan. But it will take the recruits... and myself to give our lives."

The rocks were getting hit even closer to the recruits. Everyone was losing hope for humanity.

"It's like you said. Either way, most of us will die. No, it's almost guaranteed we'll all be wiped out. In which case, we can stake our heroic deaths on a slim chance of victory. For this to work... To ask these young ones to die, it would take an expert con man and a slew of lies. If I do not lead the vanguard, none of them will follow. And I will die before anyone else. Without ever learning what's inside of the basement..."

Erwin continued, "I... I want to go to the basement. Everything I've done till now... was because I thought this day would come. That someday, I could check if I was right. So many times... I thought death would be so much easier. But always, the dream I shared with my father flashed through my mind. And now, I'm close enough to the answers to reach out and grab them. They're right there... But, Levi... Can you see them? Our comrades? Our comrades are looking at us. They want to know what became of the hearts they gave. Because the fighting isn't over yet."

The rocks were really near the recruits. They had to do something quick.

"Is it all just in my head? Nothing more than a childish delusion?" Erwin wondered

Levi kneeled down and said, "You've fought well. It's all thanks to you that we've come this far. I'm making the choice. Give up on on your dreams and die. Lead the recruits straight into hell. I will take down the Beast Titan."

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Author's Note

We're already at Ep 5 i'm so nervous since i still have to watch it before writing ejnrjene