22 | Wall Maria

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Your Pov

I'm getting really sleepy. We've been walking on our feet for at least three hours now.

Historia was a bit upset that I would be joining the operation since it's clearly dangerous. She also said that she would be handling my work till I get back. She's getting more matured I feel so proud and old. 

The dark path we're walking on is getting a bit creepy to be honest. Who knows how many Titans there are around us right now?

Turns out I was right. I heard Jean warn everyone that there was a Titan on our left.

"Titan to the left! Everyone halt! Illuminate the area!"

Everyone shone at every direction. Thankfully, there was only one Titan.

"It's okay... He's dozing away. This little one doesn't seem to be one of the newer types that can move around at night. Hehe... Too bad. We'll leave him be." Hange announced 

We continued walking. Eren and Hange were talking about the Titan Connie and Historia encountered that night before everyone found out Reiner and Bertholdt's secret.

"Why are you shaking? Are you scared?" Armin asked.

I turned around saw Eren was in fact shaking. I can't really do anything right now to make him feel better so I just have to trust Armin on this one. After all, they are best friends. 

"Huh?! Of course I'm not scared!"

"What? No way. Your hands were shaking." Armin pointed out

"That's because... I'm cold. My hands are freezing right now."

I giggled. That was one lame excuse, Yeager. It's not that cold... I guess.

3rd Person's Pov

"Really? My whole body has been shaking this whole time. See?" Armin showed Eren his shaking arm. 

Armin then asked, "Eren, have you ever been afraid of Titans? Normally, everyone's terrified of them. Like me... The first time I faced a Titan, I couldn't move a muscle. But... There I was... And you pulled me right out of the Titan's mouth. How were you able to do something like that?"

Eren answered,"I remembered... that time you showed me that book. Up until then, I never once thought about what was outside the walls. I just spent everyday staring at the clouds and the sky. But then, I heard your story and looked into your eyes. You were seeing an awesome dream. But I had nothing.  That's when I knew. I wasn't free. Trapped in a small cage in a huge world, my freedom stolen by those unthinkable fiends. When I realized that, I couldn't forgive them. I don't know why but when it comes to taking back freedom... Yes... Strength flows through me. Thanks for that. I'm good now." 

(A/N: It's probably cause some 19 year old chad is literally whispering to you)

"Mhm"

"I bet by next year, we'll be looking at the sea." Eren smiled

They continued walking till Mikasa spoke up. "I recognize this area. I think... we came here for firewood."

"I can see the foot! There's signs of a trail!" One of the Scouts informed

"It's so close"

Mikasa added, "I can hear the river"

"Finally we're back... The first time... since we fled from here. Back to our hometown..." Armin said

The sun was starting to rise up and the Scouts were now using their horses. 

"Be on guard for Titans hiding in the shadows! Our operation begins now! All troops, switch to ODM gear!" As soon as Erwin announced that, everyone used their ODM gear to either go over the wall or go on top of the wall. 

Y/N went up the wall and marveled the view from on top of Wall Maria. Everything around the district was destroyed but she can tell that it was a very lively city.

"Don't stop! Head for the outer gate!" Levi commanded

"Roger!" 

Suddenly, Armin stopped running. Y/N noticed this and said, "Armin, is there something wrong?"

"Yeah... I'll go tell Commander about this." 

"Alright. I'll see you soon. Stay safe"

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Author's Note

Short crappy chapter but it literally just felt like I haven't wrote anything for a week 🤡

Also, if you like Kpop and you stand NCt (specifically NCT Dream) then this book is perfect for you

My friend doesn't know i'm doing this so please don't snitch or mention.me in her book if you are reading it.