33 | Kruger

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Your Pov

Why am I such a coward? I literally chickened out yesterday and decided to just help random people in need. I wouldn't get any progress in finding Eren at this point. I should probably try to talk to that injured guy today. 

He seemed like he wanted to tell me something as well so, I'll get ready now. 

I finally finished getting ready. I went outside and locked the door.

Since my apartment is near the Internment Zone, the hospital would be really near to where that hospital is. 

I entered the gate leading inside. I made sure to wear my fake glasses today since I literally could see two of the Titan Shifters walking around. I could tell they were Titan Shifters because their armbands were red. 

The female warrior with crutches walked over to me. She then asked, "Have I seen you before?"

I'm done for. "I guess you did. I'm always in the Internment Zone even if I'm Marleyan" I smiled at her.

"Oh alright. I'm sorry for bothering you" She then walked away with the other Warrior. 

That was really close. I walked towards the hospital. Some of the patients were outside but, the man I was looking for was sitting on a bench that was next to a dead tree. 

"Hey!" He called out to me.

I walked over to him and sat on the seat next to him. There was an awkward silence between us. He seemed like he wanted to tell me something but he just couldn't find the words.

"Hi... My name is Y/N L/N. What's yours?" I spoke up

"Kruger."

His voice... Why does he sound so familiar? 

"Why did you call out for me?" I asked

"You peaked my interest. There's no way a Marleyan would be this nice to Eldians. Unless of course... They're Eldians themselves" 

What does he know?! 

"Judging by the way you're silent, I'm right" He murmured

Wait, what if he's Eren? That must be a possibility since I literally can't remember what he looked like. 

"Are you... Eren Yeager?" I asked out of the blue.

"Hmmm... No, I'm not. I'm just a close friend of his. Why did you ask?"

"I don't know if I could trust you..." I mumbled

"You can trust me. I'm not like anyone in this place. People come here to get treated for PTSD, but I'm faking it." He continued, "I've been acting like I have amnesia, but really... I just don't want to go home. I don't think I can face my family anymore."

"I wanna learn more, Kruger. Is it okay if you tell me why?"

"I feel like I'm a huge burden to them. Especially... my wife. I can feel her being frustrated without me by her side." 

Aww I feel bad for him. But, his wife lowkey sounds like me. The reason why I'm even here in Marley was because Eren left. He probably has a huge plan on his mind. But, he didn't even tell me or anyone as far as I'm aware. 

"Don't worry, Kruger. Your wife would be really happy when she sees you." I smiled at him.

"Now... Are you going to tell me why you're pretending to be Marleyan?" He wondered

"I guess I trust you enough." I continued, "I'm actually the Queen of the walls. I told my sister to have the title as Temporary Queen while I was gone. I left Paradis just a month ago. Just maybe half a year ago, my husband left. He was Eren Yeager. Thus why I'm asking you if you were him or if you knew him. I was really upset when I found him gone when I woke up one day. I couldn't even go outside and talk to my friends. So one day, I decided to ask one of the captured Marleyan soldiers to help me get here. She somehow agreed. And now I'm here, still trying to look for him. I wanted to talk to you since you just felt so familiar. You must've known something related to Eren so now I'm here sitting next to you"

It really sounds like I'm abandoning Paradis just for Eren but I'm not. I feel empty without him. But that's not the point. I want to come back home... I want him to come back home. Just live a normal life and even have a family of our own. But, did I make the wrong choice? He did ask me if we wanted to run away together... But my stupid ass said no. I shouldn't think about that anymore. 

"Oh... I'm so sorry..." He apologized

"Huh? It's not your fault, Kruger. I think it might be mine as well--"

He interrupted me with a hug mid-sentence. 

"W-What are you doing?!" I stuttered

"I feel really bad for you... I'll talk to Eren for you."

His touch feels so familiar. 

"Thank you so much, Kruger." I smiled

"No problem" He said bluntly.

The hair covering his right eye was now visible. He made me feel euphoric. His green eye gives me flashbacks back when Eren proposed to me.

But the odd thing is, I still don't remember what he looked like. Why is that even happening to me?

"You should head home now. The sun is setting." He informed

"Alright, thank you Kruger." 

The next thing I did made me really guilty. I kissed his cheek.

A bolt of lightning, similar to a Titan transforming popped up on my brain. Suddenly, I could remember Eren's face once again. It was the man in front of me this whole time. 

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Author's Note

That memory shit was quick 🙄✋

But like, shit's getting interesting