𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

I tapped my mic again, hearing no feedback

I tapped my mic again, hearing no feedback.Sigh.

I approached the technical staff, showing it to her,"Eonnie my mic..I think it's broken", I sub-consciously pouted as the staff changed my earpiece from my customized sky blue to a silver one.

The others headed to the stage as I put on my earpiece, sitting at the nearby bench.

"Aespa you're up in 5!", I heard shuffling from the other side and a door closing as I fix my microphone set up on my waist right outside the performing area.

This is it.

My third debut as part of a group, second as part of another group and first debut as part of a girl group.

I quickly glanced at my reflection on the full-length mirror after I finally managed to set it in place.I was panicking and I accidentally collided with somebody on my way to the stage.

"Mianh-", I was cut off when a force dragged me away from the stage entrance.I tried breaking off the grip from my wrist, whilst trying to scream for help.

There was few turns taken when we passed by a familiar guy wearing his cap and mask, holding a few drinks in hand.

"Jae??Is that y-", before I could react, I felt a cold steel dangerously over my neck.

_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶

[Author's POV]

A high-pitched shrill scream resonated from the hallway just as the 4 members of Aespa were going into position, waiting for their youngest member who was left behind fixing her audio technicals.

Everyone turned their heads in shock, "What was that?", after the news broke out about Hyunjae haunted by a sasaeng, realization registered in their minds as the members frantically go down the stage, wanting to look for their maknae.

One of the staff blocked their way,"Where are you going?", before motioning them to go back the stage.

"Where else?Ofcourse to Hyunjae!", Jimin replied in a 'duh' tone, pushing past them.

They halted when the first thing they saw upon turning right was a tall guy trying to reach the girl as Hyunjae is held by around her neck with a knife threateningly pointed beside it by a woman.

Sora.

Taking a step, Chenle bravely tried reaching Hyunjae, "Look at me okay?Just look at me"

She laughed maniacally, leaning her head to the shaking girl,"Take one more fucking step and the next thing you'll see is a fucking dead Valerie Cruz", the said girl started tearing up, feeling helpless and weak.

Staffs stormed in the area, keeping the members away from there for their safety.Turning to her fellow members, "I'll be fine, you guys leave", wearing a pained smile as her tears flow down her cheeks.

Taking a deep breath, Hyunjae tried to calm herself down as memories flashed on her mind.Her first day in South Korea, when she befriended NCT, when she performed on stage as the crowd would chant her name.

In a blink of an eye a loud bang surrounded the whole area, a body stumbling over and collapsed as Chenle caught Hyunjae.

Caressing her face gently, he shouted "DOYOUNG HYUNG CALL MEDIC!HYUNJAE'S BEEN S-", as the figure in his arms slowly lose conciousness.

end of part one of forty-four