I looked at him weirdly but still wore the handkerchief, now getting really curious about this surprise.

I wore the handkerchief to cover my eyes as he guided me to our destination. After a while, we arrived and I started to get nervous.

"Can I take it off now?" I asked.

"Just a little more" I felt him halt from his walk and heard him sigh with accomplishment.

"Okay, you can take it off now." I hear him say, so I took off the handkerchief and my heart started to rise by the familiar sight.

We were in a garden filled with pretty flowers and lamps hanging on trees, a table in the center of the garden with a meal which I believe is our dinner.

Not too far away from the table are violinist standing with their violin, as if waiting for a sign for them to start playing. They looked happy to see me.

I looked above and I could see the stars shining in the sky as if it was meant to shine for me. My heart is full.

"Jay isn't this.." I was lost for words.

"That's right. This is the garden we used to go to when we were kids." he says.

I look around. A lot has changed since it's been years, but even with all those changes, somehow being here with Jay felt like nothing has changed at all. Suddenly I am a kid, once again.

"Let's take a seat." he guides me to my chair and even pulls out the chair for me. I took a seat and so did he across from me.

"I hope you enjoy the meal I picked for you" he says a bit nervous.

I laugh softly "You know I'm not a picky eater."

We then started eating dinner, and as we did the violinist started to play soft music. It felt so romantic. Everything was so beautiful, but there was something bothering me.

"Jay" I call out.

He looks at me. "I don't want to assume or anything, but this sort of feels like a date" I say the last part in a whisper, realizing how ridiculous it sounded.

He stared at me for a while. It wasn't one with surprise or one with confusion, but one with adoration and fondness.

He then holds my hand "Actually, yes. This is a date" he smiles. I look at him, my heart racing.

After we ate dinner, the cake was served. He sang me a happy birthday while I was clapping my hands with enjoyment. I made a wish and blew the candles.

He then offered me to dance with him. Though I'm not much of a dancer, I still took his hand and we walked to the middle of the garden.

My shoulders were around his while my hands rested at his neck. His hands were around my waist as we were dancing to the song Night Changes by One Direction. Just like that, everything felt so right.

"So, what do you think?" Jay asks as we slow dance side by side.

"I really don't know what to say. I'm overwhelmed" I say smiling at him.

"I was thinking of where the surprise should be held, and I just knew this was the right spot" he says.

"We used to come here a lot when we were kids". I say as I slowly rested my head on his shoulder. I can smell his scent, one that I so much love.

"Ave" he speaks.

I raised my head and looked at him, making him feel that I was listening.

"There's something I want to say." He stops dancing and now holds my hands.

I looked at him, waiting. "I like you" he looks down and my heart started racing. I felt like I couldn't breathe.

"There were a lot of times where I thought that it wasn't like that. That I don't like you like that. But I then realized that I do. I really do like you." He says looking right at me.

I didn't know what to do, but to just listen to every word that left his lips.

"Avery, do you want to go out with me?" He asks.

And as all this was happening I could almost hear the lyrics of the song playing in my head.

"We're only gettin' older, baby
And I've been thinkin' about it lately
Does it ever drive you crazy
Just how fast the night changes?"

"It will never change me and you"

.
Lots of love :)
- ims