Roger Imagine #4

"Y/N!" You heard Roger call out from his bedroom

You were peacefully reading a book on the couch. That was however before Roger started calling out to you. You rolled your eyes and sighed, marking your place in your book before getting up, making your way up to his room.

"What is it now, Rog?" You laughed quietly, raising an eyebrow as you looked over at him.

"I can't get this damn tie. Mind helping?" Roger sighed heavily as he turned to face you with his tie still undone.

You chuckled quietly and glanced up at the clock before nodding, going up to Roger.

"You should have left already," You laughed a bit shaking your head, "Jo is probably already waiting for you." You mumbled quietly as you focused on tying up his tie for him.

Roger groaned quietly and shook his head, "I'm sure I still have plenty of time. She's learned to be patient when it comes to me anyways." Roger smirked, causing a quiet chuckle to escape your lips.

"There, all done," You sighed as you finished up tying the tie that was apparently too difficult for Roger to figure out on his own, "Now go, poor Jo is probably wondering where you are." You smiled shaking your head.

"Right, right," Roger nodded quickly as he grabbed his car keys, "See you later." He gave you a quick smile before rushing out of the house, practically running to his car, causing you to chuckle and roll your eyes.

You sighed and closed the door behind him, hoping that the date will go well for him.

Roger and Jo had been seeing each other for quite some time now. They were going on two years, tonight was their anniversary and Roger had a special night planned for the two of them.

You were happy for them, hoping that things would go well for them.

You and Roger had known each other even before you two could walk. You were neighbors and you had an instant connection. You two were great friends, best friends even. You don't know what you would do without him. Even though you two weren't involved romantically, you felt as if he was your other half. Your platonic soulmate.

But yet, every time he left to go out with Jo, you couldn't help but feel sad, upset, almost jealous in a way. But every time you tried to push those feelings down. You knew that Roger was happy with Jo, he was in love with her. And you needed to be happy for him. If he was happy, then so were you.

--

You were back laying down on the couch, engrossed in your book. You bit your lip and flipped the page, just eager to know what was going to happen next.

However, you were interrupted abruptly when you heard the door slam behind you, causing you to jump slightly in your seat.

You rose an eyebrow and slowly closed your book, turning around to see Roger. What was he doing home so early? You were sure that he was going to be spending the night with Jo. After all, that's what it seemed like it was going to happen. It was their two year anniversary. It really surprised you to see him get back home so early.

"Rog?" You rose an eyebrow as you looked over at him, confused, hoping that you would get an answer.

Roger slipped his shoes off and only shook his head as he didn't even look at you, giving you no attention whatsoever.

You frowned as you looked at him and sighed. You knew Roger like the back of your hand, there was clearly something wrong with him. You assumed that something must have happened between him and Jo.

"Alright, what happened?" You rose an eyebrow and turned over to face him, kicking your feet up on the couch as you stared at him.

Roger took a deep breath and shook his head once more. He ignored you completely and walked back up to his room, not saying a word to you.

You felt your heart drop as you watched him leave, knowing that whatever was going on, that it was serious. Roger never brushed you off like this.

You didn't hesitate to get up from your seat on the couch, quickly going up to Rogers room. You were thankful that he didn't lock the door.

He was unbuttoning his shirt, mumbling angrily to himself as he stared down at the ground. He was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't even hear you come in.

"Rog," You spoke quietly, your voice soft as you slowly made your way over to him, gently placing a hand on top of his shoulder, causing his to finally look at you, "Talk to me." You whispered, a slight frown on your face as you looked at him.

You hated when he would keep things from you. It always made you feel like you did something wrong, or that you weren't good enough to talk to. Roger was your best friend, he was supposed to tell you anything and everything. That's the way it was supposed to be. There was supposed to be now secrets between the two of you. You wanted him to trust you.

Roger sighed heavily as he slid his shirt off, tossing it onto the ground, "It's Jo." He mumbled quietly and looked down at the floor.

"I assumed," You chuckled quietly and shook your head before sighing, "And what happened with Jo? Didn't you have a good time with her tonight?"

Roger laughed sarcastically, "I wish I could say that I did." he muttered and shook his head as he moved over, taking a seat down on the edge of the bed as he looked down at the floor.

You looked over at him sadly and walked over, taking a seat down next to him on the bed. A slight frown was on your face as you kept your eyes over on him, watching as he stayed quiet, breathing slowly.

"What happened?" You whispered, hoping that he would open up.

Roger took a deep breath and hesitated before answering you, "She broke up with me. Jo broke up with me." He whispered and closed his eyes, clearly hurt over the whole situation as he looked down at the floor.

Your eyes widened as you heard him. You couldn't believe it. You felt absolutely terrible. Jo really broke up with him? You thought that the two of them were madly in love. Clearly, you were wrong.

"Oh Rog, I'm.." You whispered quietly shaking your head, "I'm so sorry..." You spoke in a whisper, feeling just as hurt as he. You never liked seeing him this upset. It broke your own heart.

Roger shook his head as he looked back over at you, "Don't worry about it." He mumbled and looked down at his hands in his lap.

You frowned, gently holding onto his hand as you looked over at him, "Jo doesn't deserve you," You whispered, causing Roger to look up at you suddenly.

"You're incredible Roger. You're the best man that I've ever met. Any woman would be lucky to have you. She didn't appreciate what she had," You mumbled and shook your head before taking a deep breath, "I love you, Roger." You whispered and looked back at him, staring into his ocean blue eyes.

Your words took him in surprise as he stared at you. He was always so involved with Jo that he was completely oblivious to what was in front of him the whole time. You.

He stared at you for another moment longer before pulling you in close to him, kissing you passionately, never wanting to let you go.