Brian Imagine #4

The day he left had broke your heart

The day he left had broke your heart. You two were madly in love and you thought you would never find someone you loved more than him. He was your soulmate and you were sure of it and so was he. The feelings that you had felt for one another were so strong.

You had pictured the rest of your life with him. That was the man you wanted to marry. You couldn't even think of yourself with someone else. Just the thought was unimaginable. Brian was the only one for you and you were sure of it. 

But just like everything else, he had to leave you. You wanted to be happy for him, you really did. But it was much harder than you thought it was going to be. It took you years to finally move on from Brian.

You two were high school sweethearts. And sure, you had really loved one another, but how realistic was it that you two would end up together? Barely any of those teenage relationships had last. You were nothing but a silly teenager in love at the time who had big dreams for you and your lover. But looking back on it now, all of those dreams you had were unrealistic.

You two were bound to just go separate ways after graduation. It hurt, more than anything. That you had to admit. But yet, you still wanted to be happy for Brian. He was very successful. He went on to pursue his dreams and that's exactly what he did. You were proud of  him, even though you missed him dearly. 

Ever since Brian, you haven't been in any other relationship. You've gone out on a couple of dates, but no one really seemed to stick. You didn't ever feel the same connection that you had with Brian. It was near impossible to find. Yet, you weren't sure that you would ever feel that connection with anyone else. 

And even though you had moved on with your life, you were still convinced that Brian was the one for you. Your soulmate.

--

You looked at yourself in the mirror as you reapplied your lipstick, your lips parted slightly as you did so. You have been sitting in front of the mirror for what felt like hours. But you couldn't help it. You needed to make sure that you looked absolutely perfect for that night. You wouldn't deal with anything less. 

You knew that it was pretty much useless to put this much effort into the way you look especially for just this one night, but you didn't seem to mind all that much. This felt like such a big night for you. After all these years, you were finally going to see Brian again. Your Brian. The man that had stolen your heart when you were just a young teenager.

Your friend had managed to get two Queen tickets for the night. Front row tickets. There was a good chance that Brian would spot you in the crowd. Or at least, you hoped that he would.

The thought of seeing Brian up close and in person again made your heart flutter. Oh how've you missed him. 

While you felt extremely excited, you also felt incredibly nervous. You haven't seen him since you were just a young teenager. It's been years. You weren't even positive that he was going to remember who you were. He had a completely different life now. He had girls all over him practically every second of every day. Why would he remember such a simple girl like you that he had loved back in high school? You weren't sure, but you still held onto that hope.